• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Great Texas Hog hunt in Archer county! These 3 were stalked in on thermal and then went white light for shooting. Boar is 200lb plus and That sow took 3 to get on truck, probably 275. If anyone says 5.56 (yes even M855) won't do for big hogs they need to put rounds where they count. Both those big ones rolled hard with single good hits. AAR stuff:

1. Pigs are fast, know your leads.
    2. Night Vision is Good, Thermal is phenomenal
    3. When the guide says SHOOT THAT PIG, he means it. Don't think the he was mad... but happy I dropped him, did not want to get run over.
    4. 300 Win Mag makes a serious noise on Hog impact!
    5. Well set up AR is the one gun solution to cover most bases. Know how to use it and trust those you hunt with if you are going to stalk in at night.

We were honored to hunt with some great guides who are personal friends, at the end we put down 14 in 4 nights. Don't want to get in trouble with the mods, so unsure if I can recommend our guides. They obviously know their craft

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0395.jpg
      IMAG0395.jpg
      389.2 KB · Views: 2

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Nice!

Where town were you close to?

Headed down next week, buddy's cattle ranch is over run with them, they are trapping them everyday, should be some easy picking. Same buddy has a friend that farms 20k+ acres, they use a helicopter with a .50 mounted to it, good times!

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Hunted around most of the county, Holiday area and lots of land bordering the Waggoner. Unfortunately we were not able to get on the Waggoner do to its recent sale. You should do well next week, as always LOTS of hogs if you know where to find them and have access.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Hunted around most of the county, Holiday area and lots of land bordering the Waggoner. Unfortunately we were not able to get on the Waggoner due to its recent sale. You should do well next week, as always LOTS of hogs if you know where to find them and have access.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    awesome!!

I've got a buddy from church that owns some land south of Seymore, IN. He and his boy killed a hog there last fall. He's semi-agreed to take me down there this coming spring and see if we can't take care of some others! Not sure yet what platform I'll be using... But I'll think of something. I hope. :D

Top Bottom