Teenager tries to steal gun from gun seller at gas station meet up and ends up dead, police say

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had a guy, a few years ago, who expressed interest in purchasing a pistol I had listed on INGO for sale, privately!
    The clause was, he didn't want to meet in a public place (such as a Kroger parking lot) but kept giving me addresses that were in an alley, or behind buildings in bad parts of town, etc. Needless to say, I never did the meet and turned it in to the administrators at INGO and he got canceled (I believe?) Can't be too careful!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FWIW, every Armslist robbery I worked there were multiple suspects. They expect you to be armed. Several people got more than one gun stolen as they were immediately accosted by multiple suspects with guns drawn and elected to comply and lose both the "selling" gun and the "carried" gun vs trying to shoot it out from behind the power curve.

This kid seems like an opportunistic amateur.

They have, at times, used public places. Typically gas stations that are sketchy but someone from outside the area may not know that. Almost always after dark. Almost always isn't always, but nearly so.

Shawn Yu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    South Bend
    I strongly agree that buyers and sellers should meet in a public place, like a police station or shopping mall. That's good for both.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I had a guy, a few years ago, who expressed interest in purchasing a pistol I had listed on INGO for sale, privately!
    The clause was, he didn't want to meet in a public place (such as a Kroger parking lot) but kept giving me addresses that were in an alley, or behind buildings in bad parts of town, etc. Needless to say, I never did the meet and turned it in to the administrators at INGO and he got canceled (I believe?) Can't be too careful!

That's not suspicious at all!

His other job must be being a Nigerian prince...

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Whenever I’m selling or buying a gun, I always come carrying. Luckily everyone I’ve bought or sold to/from have been wonderful people.

But I think precaution is still warranted. If I‘m buying a gun, then the other person knows I’ll have $500 or $1500 on me. If I’m selling a gun, then I worry about a dine and dash. Like what happened above.

But again, everyone I’ve dealt with here have been good people.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    That's crazy, I feel bad for the seller. Dude thinks he's just going to sell a gun, get a couple hundred bucks he can put towards a new gun or some unexpected expense and now he's gotta deal with the residual stress of sending someone to their maker and watch him bleed out in front of him.

Not everyone can just compartilize it as "I had to", some really do get weird after a traumatic event.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Nobody, probably.

The firing gun is almost certainly not the gun that was being stolen. If the article is accurate, a struggle ensued. Which means seller grabs thief and fight is on. Probably one or the other (or both) then introduce *another gun* that was then fired, presumably by the seller but not explicitly stated.
    Hell of a way to increase your gun collection...

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    I strongly agree that buyers and sellers should meet in a public place, like a police station
    The last town where I lived invited online buyers to use their parking lot, the reserved spots were directly under a street lamp and had a sign saying everything was being recorded and monitored live. Some legit people were skeeved out about big brother watching but lemme tell you, sketchy people all the sudden didn't want to meet up with you after explaining where you'd meet them haha

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    How about we meet at Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel for breakfast?
    No need to worry about getting jacked, there's plenty of fellas itchin' to lend a hand.
    Bunches of off duty / retired Lawdogs there for breakfast. If you read the room, you can spot them. enjoy your breakfast. Hint: They usually face the entrance/cashier with a wall behind them. Ball caps, sneakers, and slight bulge on the correct hip.

Top Bottom