• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    85 year old guy shoots black teen through the glass door when he accidentally knocked on the wrong door to big up his kids.

Shot him in the head and arm. Hopefully the door slowed down the rounds enough that the headshot doesn’t cause permanent damage.

Obviously we don’t have all the facts yet, but this is bad.

I don’t know the neighborhood. Maybe there are a lot of break ins. But I don’t know how this guy could feel justified in shooting the kid based on what the media is saying currently.

Definitely hurts race relations and 2A.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    "what the media is saying".... I will believe their lies when it's proven. How do we know the kid wasn't ****ing around, playing a joke on his younger siblings friends by nbanging on the door acting a fool? We don't. We only have what is being stated by the talking heads.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow. It is unfortunate if what they are saying is true. (Unlikely based on recent events) but I also think it is unfortunate that an accident becomes this giant news story do we run the background of every person in a vehicle fatality? Both accidents.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow. It is unfortunate if what they are saying is true. (Unlikely based on recent events) but I also think it is unfortunate that an accident becomes this giant news story do we run the background of every person in a vehicle fatality? Both accidents.
    I can't see how shooting somebody twice is an accident. He meant to pull that trigger. He didn't just lose control of his firearm and accidentally shoot the kid twice.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I can't see how shooting somebody twice is an accident. He meant to pull that trigger. He didn't just lose control of his firearm and accidentally shoot the kid twice.
    Most traffic “accidents” are due to distracted drivers. They choose to be distracted still classified as an accident. This guy shot someone that he mistakenly (accidentally) believed was an intruder. But as always we don’t have all the facts. And likely this story dies before the truth is ever revealed to the masses.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Most traffic “accidents” are due to distracted drivers. They choose to be distracted still classified as an accident. This guy shot someone that he mistakenly (accidentally) believed was an intruder. But as always we don’t have all the facts. And likely this story dies before the truth is ever revealed to the masses.
    If, in reality, he shot him in response to knocking on his door, I wouldn't call that accidental identification of an intruder. Do you normally shoot people who knock who are clearly visible through your glass door? We don't know that he actually knocked, or what, but that's the assumption right now...

I'm calling crazy negligent old man.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If, in reality, he shot him in response to knocking on his door, I wouldn't call that accidental identification of an intruder. Do you normally shoot people who knock who are clearly visible through your glass door? We don't know that he actually knocked, or what, but that's the assumption right now...

There are certainly different types of knocks. And wouldn’t be the first time someone is selling/doing something at someone else’s house as a front for entry and robbery.

If all is true from the news. they will be calling for removing guns from everyone for this do we think similarly we should remove vehicles from everyone because of a negligent old man? What I am pointing out is how the small difference of what kind of “tool” is used negligently changes drastically how it is perceived and portrayed by media, the masses, AND us (gun community). When it isn’t the tool that changes the outcome it is the person. - not directed at anyone just my opinion -

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    But the white girl that got murdered the same way a day or so ago doesn’t make the news. As the news didn’t state the race of the shooter, but were comparing it to this shooting, it leads you to assume the shooter was black.

UPDATE: Found an article. Was a white guy so white on white is not newsworthy.

Last edited:

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    If all is true from the news. they will be calling for removing guns from everyone for this
    I certainly don't think all gun owners should pay that price if this man was in the wrong or not. But he should be held accountable.

I'd really like to see security camera footage, if he had them like the article says.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Summary:

Kids goes to wrong house, rings doorbell.
    Old man grabs .32 S&W revolver.
    Old man goes to front door.
    There is an interior door and a glass storm door, both locked.
    Old man opens interior door, sees kid.
    Old man says kid was pulling on exterior door handle.
    Kid says he did not pull on the handle, just rang the doorbell.
    Old man shoots kid twice through the glass storm door.
    One head shot, one shot in upper arm.
    Thankfully for the kid, .32 S&W sucks.
    Kid gets up and runs to a neighbor, who helps him.
    Police respond, order old man out of the house.
    Police take revolver and video hard drive into evidence.
    Video hard drive not functional, no video available.
    Old man says he was scared to death.
    Kid says old man shouted "Don't come around here!' to him.
    Old man was charged with aggravated assault and released after prosecutor consultation.
    Protest.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Summary:

Kids goes to wrong house, rings doorbell.
    Old man grabs .32 S&W revolver.
    Old man goes to front door.
    There is an interior door and a glass storm door, both locked.
    Old man opens interior door, sees kid.
    Old man says kid was pulling on exterior door handle.
    Kid says he did not pull on the handle, just rang the doorbell.
    Old man shoots kid twice through the glass storm door.
    One head shot, one shot in upper arm.
    Thankfully for the kid, .32 S&W sucks.
    Kid gets up and runs to a neighbor, who helps him.
    Police respond, order old man out of the house.
    Police take revolver and video hard drive into evidence.
    Video hard drive not functional, no video available.
    Old man says he was scared to death.
    Kid says old man shouted "Don't come around here!' to him.
    Old man was charged with aggravated assault and released after prosecutor consultation.
    Protest.
    Kid also said he was shot in the arm as he was on the ground.

Does it sound like the old guy had cameras facing the door? Did he get it all on video?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Kid also said he was shot in the arm as he was on the ground.

Does it sound like the old guy had cameras facing the door? Did he get it all on video?
    Nope, no video, camera system wasn't functional per report and Route45's summary:

"Police take revolver and video hard drive into evidence. Video hard drive not functional, no video available."

Boy, this one looks like it'll be on heck of a trial, based on the statements presented so far. I sure as heck am glad I'm not gonna be on that jury.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Depends. Are they census takers federal gangstalkers or FedEx drivers CIA operatives? :tinfoil:

For real though an actual threat needs to exist to justify using force, at least from a moral standpoint before you even get into legality. Rapping on my door might get you lit up with a WML but it is not by itself a deadly force threat.

I dislike ambiguity. I want to be able to point and show police "There's my shattered back door where he broke in. There's his gun. There's his brass. There's the bullet holes where he missed me. There's where my claymore Roomba detonated. Here's my 1080p video footage of the whole thing."

Top Bottom