• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No, you're not the only one; I do the same thing. My initial gut reaction to reading about this was "Really man, if you're worried enough to take a gun to the door with you, why the heck would you not look out a window or something first?" I get that some people can't see in front of their door through any of their windows, but in that case I'd think you could crack one and yell out for the person to step over so you can see who they are first, or something.
    85 year old, who just got out of bed. Not the best scenario for rational thinking at night. In our house you cannot see the front door from any window. so I guess that makes me a racist wannabe murderer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    85 year old, who just got out of bed. Not the best scenario for rational thinking at night. In our house you cannot see the front door from any window. so I guess that makes me a racist wannabe murderer.
    No peephole or window in the front door? Doesn't make you a racist wannabe murderer :rolleyes:, but it does make one question your OPSEC.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    It kind of looks like you only read half my post, and made up a whole second half in your head that I never said...

I never once said anything about a racist wannabe murderer, and I already mentioned that I am aware that some house layouts don't allow you to see in front of the door from inside. If you can't see who's there, there are other options besides opening the door and blindly putting yourself at the mercy of an unknown stranger. And no, I don't blame a suddenly awakened 85-year-old if he didn't think of those options, and I'm not calling anyone a racist wannabe murderer. The only I'm certain of right now is that it's just really unfortunate that things went down the way they did.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No peephole or window in the front door? Doesn't make you a racist wannabe murderer :rolleyes:, but it does make one question your OPSEC.
    Considering the nearest house is 3/4 mile away, the exterior is dark people don’t come knocking. To use the peephole the exterior light has to come on, which tells anyone outside that I am at the door. Bad people have never kicked open doors when someone goes to open it or shoot through it. But yes please question my intelligence or preparedness rather than thinking that maybe, just maybe a sleepy 85yo man living alone in Kansas frigging city didn’t make the most logical choices to our armchair qb’s.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Considering the nearest house is 3/4 mile away, the exterior is dark people don’t come knocking. To use the peephole the exterior light has to come on, which tells anyone outside that I am at the door. Bad people have never kicked open doors when someone goes to open it or shoot through it. But yes please question my intelligence or preparedness rather than thinking that maybe, just maybe a sleepy 85yo man living alone in Kansas frigging city didn’t make the most logical choices to our armchair qb’s.
    I never questioned your intelligence. Dude, you need to chill rather than thinking everyone is accusing you of things that they are not. Seriously...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    From what I have read so far, I would place the guilt on the old man. Being old and just woken up is not a good enough reason to shoot someone outside your house. I'm sure he wasn't out to murder the kid, but there were definitely other options that should have been taken.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems like some people are pretty ready to shoot at the slightest provocation. I'm all for legit self-defense, but dang...

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Seems like some people are pretty ready to shoot at the slightest provocation. I'm all for legit self-defense, but dang...

As ****ed up as **** hs gotten can you blame sone people?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Saw this on Tucker. Biden using it to stir up racial tensions, but never mention the white girl that pulled into the wrong drive way and was shot.

"Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because if you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

VP Biden, Feb. 2013

Old man simply took Biden's advice. Question is, will anyone remind Biden of this?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As ****ed up as **** hs gotten can you blame sone people?
    I turn around in peoples' driveways from time to time. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be shot for it. And the other dude with the cheerleaders? You chase and shoot them after they've (allegedly) apologized and are driving away in their own car? That goes beyond self-defense, no matter how you look at it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I turn around in peoples' driveways from time to time. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be shot for it. And the other dude with the cheerleaders? You chase and shoot them after they've (allegedly) apologized and are driving away in their own car? That goes beyond self-defense, no matter how you look at it.
    Sorry I thought the purple was self evident in that post.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I guess not for me. If you meant it as sarcasm then I guess we are in agreement on those two examples I posted at least?
    I don’t know any more about those than I do the one this was started for. I cannot form an opinion without facts, preferably all of them and not censored to get a reaction.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish others would hold their judgement but we know that won’t happen. Easier to vilify what you don’t agree with then take time to find the truth.
    No, I get that. But some are obvious (like the two I posted). I realize there's grey area in the KS case. There's not enough info to come to a judgement.

Top Bottom