• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Title says it all. Can't say I understand it but I'm guessing that Mitt promised to protect gun/hunting rights??? The NUGE would not endorse him without a solid guarantee.

Link => Ted Nugent endorses Mitt Romney - POLITICO.com

ScreenShot2012-03-02at32735PM.png

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wow! I thought he would have been a Paul supporter. I'm sure there is a good explanation, though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So in Ted's old age he no longer feels the 2nd amendment is important?

I doubt that is close to accurate.

As I said in my first post, I'm guessing that Mitt promised Ted that he would protect the 2nd Amendment. Its just a guess.

But one thing that is not a guess, the NUGE would not abandon the 2nd Amendment.

Wow! I thought he would have been a Paul supporter. I'm sure there is a good explanation, though.

DITTO

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I doubt that is close to accurate.

As I said in my first post, I'm guessing that Mitt promised Ted that he would protect the 2nd Amendment. Its just a guess.

But one thing that is not a guess, the NUGE would not abandon the 2nd Amendment.

DITTO

I'm sure Mitt won't change his mind about that! :yesway:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Didn't Mitt Romney sign into law the permanent "assault weapons" ban for the State of Massachusetts?

This is why he will not get my vote... under any circumstances and regardless of anyone's endorsement.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,"
    Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Romney-Laughing.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He just told Ted what he wanted to hear. That, or I smell a payoff. Which would be way more shocking than the former.

Payoff... I doubt Ted needs the money that bad. I agree with melensdad. I would imagine that Romney convinced him he would not be part of any anti-gun activity. Ted is probably convinced (like Anne Coulter and others) that Romney is the only Republican that is likely able to beat Obama.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Payoff... I doubt Ted needs the money that bad. I agree with melensdad. I would imagine that Romney convinced him he would not be part of any anti-gun activity. Ted is probably convinced (like Anne Coulter and others) that Romney is the only Republican that is likely able to beat Obama.

Agreed.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Just curious, but how could you payoff someone like Ted? Seriously the guy has literally tens of millions of dollars. What kind of payoff would it take to buy off Ted?

Maybe the next time he gets caught poaching, he'll help him get out of it. Ted can shoot a bow(really well) and play a guitar. That's about it.

Top Bottom