• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    More information is needed to provide any kind of meaningful suggestions.

For instance with out knowing your specific requirements I would recommend Olathe boots. I have had several pairs through the years and they hold up to some serious use, by that I boots used along with spurs to keep you on 2k pounds for 8 seconds.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    More information is needed to provide any kind of meaningful suggestions.

For instance with out knowing your specific requirements I would recommend Olathe boots. I have had several pairs through the years and they hold up to some serious use, by that I boots used along with spurs to keep you on 2k pounds for 8 seconds.
    Yeah no riding for me. I have heard good things about Olathe but never owned a pair myself.

I have a few work boots and an every day boot, but am in the market for another everyday boot. I really like the classic look and build features of the Tecovas, specifically the Cartwright, but am not finding much info about long term durability. So, I am asking to see if anyone in INGO has had any experience with tecovas and care to share.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    The designs and materials seem more fashion based than work based. No one in their pictures looks dirty. Like the are models playing a role. While the may be quality. I wouldn't actually wear them to do cowboy/ranch/farm stuff.
    Probably a great out on the town/office meeting boot that will last long time.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Check out RC custom boots made in Texas you can get a custom work boot for $300-$400. They make "out on the town" boots also, but it sounds like your looking for a boot to work in.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Anyone have any real experience with Tecovas cowboy boots? I’m looking for some feedback on quality and durability compared to other brands.

I have some....and they are VERY good boots.

They are hand made complete with pegged soles and stacked heels. So, if you take care of them, they will last a long time and they can be refurbished.

My ONLY complaint is they tend to be rather "simple" from a design standpoint. If you want a high style shaft with embroidery etc, they do not have much to offer. I typically go with Tony Lama boots for something like that. However, that is a "style" preference. From a quality standpoint, Tacovas is DEFINITELY high grade.

If you're looking for a "working" cowboy boot, they have some offerings, but for a working cowboy boot Justin and some others are a more reasonable choice.

Mine are VERY VERY comfortable.

I do love a good, quality, cowboy boot. Some men will go their whole life without trying some...their loss.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The designs and materials seem more fashion based than work based. No one in their pictures looks dirty. Like the are models playing a role. While the may be quality. I wouldn't actually wear them to do cowboy/ranch/farm stuff.
    Probably a great out on the town/office meeting boot that will last long time.
    Truth

Reactions: wcd

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have some....and they are VERY good boots.

They are hand made complete with pegged soles and stacked heals. So, if you take care of them, they will last a long time and they can be refurbished.

My ONLY complaint is they tend to be rather "simple" from a design standpoint. If you want a high style shaft with embroidery etc, they do not have much to offer. I typically go with Tony Lama boots for something like that. However, that is a "style" preference. From a quality standpoint, Tacovas is DEFINITELY high grade.

If you're looking for an working cowboy boot, they have some offerings, but for a working cowboy boot Justin and some others are a more reasonable choice.

Mine are VERY VERY comfortable.

I do love a good, quality, cowboy boot. Some men will go their whole life without trying some...their loss.
    Thanks for the info. That is encouraging to hear. The simplicity in look is actually what drew me to Tecovas.

How long have you had yours? I am wanting a pair of non-work boots and more of an every day boot (office, store, dinner, church), and likely wear them often.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Cowboy boots are one of two things that caused me to never complain when my wife bought "yet another pair of shoes"...I had to stop asking "How many shoes do you need?".

My favorite pair is made of ostrich that are really only for "fancy" occasions. At first she rolled her eyes a bit when I would wear them on special events where gals were wearing fancy dresses and men were wearing suits and such...but like most things involving us, she knows where I am coming from.

I've been blessed with a great wife!

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thanks for the info. That is encouraging to hear. The simplicity in look is actually what drew me to Tecovas.

How long have you had yours? I am wanting a pair of non-work boots and more of an every day boot (office, store, dinner, church), and likely wear them often.
    The Tecovas are very nice, good boots for the money. Mine are bad weather boots at horse shows where I want a traditional boot, not a work boot, (have those too) but not wearing alligator or ostrich boots in the muck. Got them because friends love them and they have been great.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Cowboy boots are one of two things that caused me to never complain when my wife bought "yet another pair of shoes"...I had to stop asking "How many shoes do you need?".

My favorite pair is made is ostrich that are really only for "fancy" occasions. At first she rolled her eyes a bit when I would wear them on special events where gals were wearing fancy dresses and men were wearing suits and such...but like most things involving us, she knows where I am coming from.

I've been blessed with a great wife!
    Me too…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

They are VERY well suited for that.

My newest pair is at least 7 years old...and what you're describing is what they get used for.

On all my boots that are not working boots, I put heel plates on. While I do not think I "drag" my heels, wear shows otherwise. So, I tack on some of those non-metal heel plates to protect the back edge of the heel. It's cheap protection and extends the heel life.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I would definitely recommend giving them a go.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Avoid Alfa western wear boots. You will likely see ads pushed to you for them. Their reviews are horrible and the Tecovas are about the same price.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I bought a pair of Justins with composite toes last year. I really liked them but the sole started to delaminate after a month. They were returned for a full refund.

Replaced with another pair of Justins from TSC on clearance with steel toes. At first, they were perfect. Then the piping at the tops started to rub my calves raw. I bought some taller boot socks to solve the problem. After a week, all my new taller socks had holes in the big toe area. Replaced those socks with Darn Tough socks. It's taken a few months but now those socks also have holes in the big toes. Darn Tough socks have a lifetime warranty so I'll send them back. The lining on the inside of boots is worn through in the big toe area so it's just socks and toenail against steel.

I've been wearing boots all my life so I know this isn't a fit issue. They fit perfect. Just low quality boots.

Top Bottom