• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Being married to a former teacher I think the vast majority of them are the salt of the earth. However, once in a while a story comes along where you just want to go postal at the school and make people pay with real pain for what they do to your kids.

As a note... the headline is not correct as it appears to be the teacher's "aide" and not the teacher.

A Massachusetts mom is furious after she says a teacher’s aide yanked the wrong tooth out of her 10-year-old son’s mouth.

Teacher pulled my kid's tooth out: Mom - New York Daily News

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So what? I agree that its not the teachers aides place to pull any teeth, but this lady is going postal for no reason. Obviously the tooth that got pulled was ready to come out, or it wouldn't have.

Pull the other loose one and call it a day.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Poor article.

Who the heck sends their kid to school with a loose tooth anyway.

Just sounds like another parent raising a kid to get butt hurt easily.

Another parent looking to cash in a lawsuit settlement.

Should the aide have done that.. hard saying how loose the tooth was maybe it was hanging.by a thread? Should the nurse have probably taken care of that.. yup. Could the email have been written better and not so to the point sure. It is hard telling, the article was too brief.. like most news articles anymore.

Parents need to step up so others dont have too.

But hey, i wont be putting this on my pile of wood burning against public schools..

I am avidly against public schools. I think there should be mandates for school but they all be private with no assistance from the government.. education is a privilege..

I think parents should have to pay.. and stop taxing us people who dont have kids, and whose parents paid for private schooling.

Most of the kids in my neighborhood are ungreatful snot nosed brats that like to jump infront of cars.. for fun.. i have half the mind not to lock up the breaks next time...

Rant over...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Poor article.

(snipped)
    I am avidly against public schools. I think there should be mandates for school but they all be private with no assistance from the government.. education is a privilege..

I think parents should have to pay.. and stop taxing us people who dont have kids, and whose parents paid for private schooling.

(snipped)

Rant over...

I disagree that "education is a privilege"; education is a necessity, but it's an individual necessity which should be an individual or parental responsibility - which may be saying the same thing, from your point of view.

Parents would almost certainly pay more attention to the type of education their children were getting if they were directly paying the tuition and fees for their children.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    When I was in school, teachers routinely pulled whatever needed pulling. My generation then went on to save the world from Communism and Brillcream. Move on and get a life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ummm, I'm not a dentist, but if the tooth wasn't ready, I would imagine there'd be more pain and blood.
    But, I had my own baby teeth out years ago.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Ummm, I'm not a dentist, but if the tooth wasn't ready, I would imagine there'd be more pain and blood.
    But, I had my own baby teeth out years ago.

if the tooth wasnt ready i doubt it would come out...........

ive got 4 kids and have gone through this recently.... a lot

jake

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My daughters used to pull their own baby teeth.
    No big deal.

The kid of the OP story is as good as dead. Public school, being a wuss, having an idiot parent.......15 minutes of fame long gone............yup, inevitable, gonna get bullied and turn himself into a pinata.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    My daughters used to pull their own baby teeth.
    No big deal.

The kid of the OP story is as good as dead. Public school, being a wuss, having an idiot parent.......15 minutes of fame long gone............yup, inevitable, gonna get bullied and turn himself into a pinata.

yup!

jake

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Before we get too hard on the kid, I believe he is autistic... however, the parent needs to toughen up a bit.

She makes it sound like the lady grabbed some forceps and pulled a completely vital, firm tooth by mistake...

(which wouldn't happen quietly... the kid would have been screaming and crying bloody murder if the tooth wasn't already at loose and soon to come out.)

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    the email to the parent should have stated "your son had a tooth loose that came out today in class"... That way it doesn't come across that the aide did the removing (whether she did or not)..

fail on the part of the aide IMO... I used to get spanked by the principal and gym teacher when i was in elementary school. I turned out just fine (well, almost LOL)

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    If my kid has a tooth that needs to come out, He/She will do it themselves or, it will come out at home or the dentist office. Bottom line is, I am the parent not the public school system.

As far as the kid being a "wuss", nowhere in that did I read the kid was a wuss. I did read that he was autistic. My son has autism, and he could take more physical pain than most men. You guys want to teach your kids to obey an authority other than your own, to the point of having teeth yanked thats up to you, but if it happened to mine, there would be some severe ass chewing and heads may roll.

Top Bottom