• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It was obama-messiah that held America hostage by refusing to negotiate the terms of obama-care, using the excuse that it was already law and not up for negotiations, yet he single handedly changed the employer mandate as well as giving out exemptions to special groups.

For some reason 3 year old obama-care is set in stone, not open for outside negotiations, but the 220 year old second amendment is ok to mess with.

Nope, it was the people telling their reps that they did not want obama-care, and only the republicans in the house doing what their constituents told them to do, which is why they were elected in the first place.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    It was obama-messiah that held America hostage by refusing to negotiate the terms of obama-care, using the excuse that it was already law and not up for negotiations, yet he single handedly changed the employer mandate as well as giving out exemptions to special groups.

For some reason 3 year old obama-care is set in stone, not open for outside negotiations, but the 220 year old second amendment is ok to mess with.

Nope, it was the people telling their reps that they did not want obama-care, and only the republicans in the house doing what their constituents told them to do, which is why they were elected in the first place.

The 2A had nothing to do with this shutdown...maybe you're getting your facts mixed up. 3 year old obama-care was upheld in part by the SCOTUS AND 40 separate times. It wasn't the Dems or Obama holding the country hostage -- your precious Cruz said he'd carry this to shutdown unless we got rid of Obamacare. That's NOT a compromise -- that's nothing less then a ransom demand.

Maybe you don't comprehend. Let's use an example:

Give me $500 over paypal or I'll kill your wife.

Now tell me...are YOU the hostage taker?

Really???

Charge them with sedition for exercising their responsibility?

WOW! JUST WOW!

Much as in Obama protecting a Constitutional law, irregardless of how "unpopular" it is with the tea partiers?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The 2A had nothing to do with this shutdown...maybe you're getting your facts mixed up. 3 year old obama-care was upheld in part by the SCOTUS AND 40 separate times. It wasn't the Dems or Obama holding the country hostage -- your precious Cruz said he'd carry this to shutdown unless we got rid of Obamacare. That's NOT a compromise -- that's nothing less then a ransom demand.

Maybe you don't comprehend. Let's use an example:

Now tell me...are YOU the hostage taker?

Much as in Obama protecting a Constitutional law, irregardless of how "unpopular" it is with the tea partiers?

Congratulations! I am not aware of a specific example, but you must be entitled to some kind of a prize for the most obtuse argument of the week!

Indykid's post makes perfect sense so far as that it is incredible that a law passed under bizarre circumstances such as most members of congress having no more than taken possession of printed copies of a bill greater than 1000 pages at the time of the vote which squeaked by the Supreme Court with the most unlikely justification (i.e., declaring the penalty for the individual mandate to be precisely what the law itself declared that it is not), and according to the Kenyan this is settled law not to be messed (in spite of being unilaterally modified by the Kenyan himself), yet the Constitution itself and parts thereof are entirely fair game to ignore or pass laws which it prohibits. This stands as either evidence of hypocrisy in the creation and application of law of a magnitude previously unknown in the republic or else simply a special kind of stupid. It defies my understanding that you cannot see this.

Oh, and you may wish to recall Obama's pre-election 2010 remark about conservatives/republicans riding at the back of the bus.

Streak, tell us the truth: Are you Jay Carney?

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "Streak, tell us the truth: Are you Jay Carney?"

Na can't be he posts all the time and I am pretty sure I saw a post while Carney was giving a live brief..

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    This is just as dumb as that petition to deport Morgan.

Lesson: Ignore petitions.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is just as dumb as that petition to deport Morgan.

Lesson: Ignore petitions.

You are right. Building a catapult, aiming it in the general direction of Britain, loading it with Morgan, and launching him would have been a more effective and more gratifying solution!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You are right. Building a catapult, aiming it in the general direction of Britain, loading it with Morgan, and launching him would have been a more effective and more gratifying solution!

I wouldn't do that to the poor sharks. They haven't done anything to us, not counting the random playful nibbles.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wouldn't do that to the poor sharks. They haven't done anything to us, not counting the random playful nibbles.

You're right. I am remiss in failing to consider the welfare of the innocent sharks which would be victimized by feeding them such a load of hazardous material.

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I figured there would be petitions or protest coming next. I mean they've already called them terrorist, suicide bombers, and whatever else they could come up with. This really doesn't surprise me at all. Their way of dealing with opposition is to not only ridicule and mock, but try to make them look like they're crazy nutjobs. If you use their same tactics against them you're labeled extremists and racist.

Top Bottom