• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Two years ago I had a bad experience with the first model TX22. My issue was barrel leading. After a replacement barrel was worse than the first one and Taurus wanted me to send in the gun I gave up and sold (with full disclosure of the issue).

I bought a TX Competition yesterday and over two range sessions I have 200 rounds through it and so far its fine. No issues.

I hope the problem with the barrels is behind them. The Competition barrels are different than the standard model and I hope get better quality control.

I put a Holosun 507C on this one. I'm going to shoot it in a steel challenge match this Saturday.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Two years ago I had a bad experience with the first model TX22. My issue was barrel leading. After a replacement barrel was worse than the first one and Taurus wanted me to send in the gun I gave up and sold (with full disclosure of the issue).

I bought a TX Competition yesterday and over two range sessions I have 200 rounds through it and so far its fine. No issues.

I hope the problem with the barrels is behind them. The Competition barrels are different than the standard model and I hope get better quality control.

I put a Holosun 507C on this one. I'm going to shoot it in a steel challenge match this Saturday.
    You are going to have a whole lot of fun!

Pro tip start buying more 22 long rifle ammo now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Two range trips with 100 round each and no issues.

Shot steel challenge match yesterday, all 8 stages, 200 rounds. No issues.

5 stage steel challenge match today for about 130 rounds, no issues.

Ove 500 rounds without a hiccup. The competition model is everything I had hoped the original would be. Glad I gave the TX-22 another chance.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    There is not a polymer duty style 22 that comes close to comparing value wise imo. Picked up a competition model for a second time week or two ago. Going to have to take above advice and start stocking up more on 22. My optic plate was stripped in the two holes I needed for rmr. Called Taurus Friday and new one was in mailbox today. Hoping to get it to range tomorrow to dial it in. Kind of getting itch for the compact model again!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is not a polymer duty style 22 that comes close to comparing value wise imo. Picked up a competition model for a second time week or two ago. Going to have to take above advice and start stocking up more on 22. My optic plate was stripped in the two holes I needed for rmr. Called Taurus Friday and new one was in mailbox today. Hoping to get it to range tomorrow to dial it in. Kind of getting itch for the compact model again!
    Careful you are starting to sound like someone else we know who sells stuff off and then turns around and buys the same gun 3 times again.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I seen a TX22 compact OR. It has the slide machined for it. I wonder why they didn't do that with the original TX22?

View attachment 282849
    This is likely my next purchase. Been looking around, almost pulled the trigger on one recently, but had a few other expenditures going currently. Definitely want the compact OR version (to go along with my standard "full size" version).

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    If you want to take your TX to the next level check out Lakeline LLC. They have slides, and soon to have a comp barrel for the Taurus standard model. The slides are optic cut for RMSC and the Holosun 407k. I have had mine for a month and it has been rocking the steel challenges. No more worries about broken slides, or crappy barrels for me. I picked up the aluminum model slide due to the amount of holstering done during completion.
    I like the standard size TX due to fit and mag capacity, so this option was what i have been waiting for.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Went to range today with the competition and Holosun optic. After four rounds to zero it was dead on. Didn’t have the official doddg targets with me but easily would have scored a 95-100% on it. More impressive we’re the small group size which isn’t considered in his formula just rounds hitting the circle.

Side note mk iii 22/45 kids got me for Father’s Day also shot equally as impressive as expected.

Top Bottom