WTS: Taurus PT1911 SS 45ACP (Central Indiana)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Cash offer has been received and accepted. SPF.
    I made the plunge and ordered a Dan Wesson, so my PT1911 will need to find a new home.

Included in the sale are:
    • Taurus PT1911 Stainless Steel in .45ACP
    • 2 black (doesn't look like bluing) Taurus 8 round mags with bumper
    • 2 stainless steel 8 round mags with flush/welded base (no brand label aside from the words "COLT 45 AUTO" on the base)
    • Black Taurus case with manual and nylon brush, bore brush (the key to the Taurus hammerlock was not present when I purchased the pistol. It's never really bothered me, though, as I never saw the point to it anyways)
    • Allen wrenches for all part adjustments (1.27mm for front sight, 2.0mm for rear sight, 2.5mm for grips)
    • Done Hume 715 IWB Holster (right handed)
    Now, in regards to this pistol: I purchased this used in May of 2010 from a fellow INGOer. When purchased the original owner showed me paperwork showing it had been purchased new earlier in 2010. Original owner stated the round count was around 100, which I believe. I have since put another 200 rounds of winchester white box down the pipe and 100 rounds of Cor-Bon 230gr JHP +P's.

The pistol has fed all ammunition without hiccup since I have had it. I will admit that it does not like to slingshot JHP's, but it feeds them everytime using the slide stop, and I had zero FTF's during actual firing sessions of the JHP's previously mentioned.

Pistol has two cosmetic issues that ought to be brought to light. First, the frontstrap checkering has 3 or 4 points that are slightly blunted near the trigger guard. No issue in regards to functionality, but it's only fair to point out it exists.

Second, the rear sight was misaligned when I received it. It was twisted in the frame's dovetail counter-clockwise a few degress, creating a weird sight picture. I filed the rear sight's dovetail to the point that it can be seated pointing straight front to back (***PLEASE NOTE: I did not file the frame's dovetail). The only issue in regards to this is that the rear sight now also sits a little proud of the frame. At the rear of the sight, where the white dots are, the sight is probably about .25mm proud of the slide. Taurus offered to fix it if I sent the pistol back to them, but for the cost of shipping I could purchase new sights. I, personally, do not believe there is much issue in regards to their functionality and did not see my POA/POI change noticeably. Again, I felt it was only fair to point this out.

I did put a slightly higher finish on the pistol with 600grat wet/dry sandpaper run in a single direction. This finish is slightly above a matte finish now, but not at all a mirror polish or high polish. The pistol has recently been cleaned thoroughly and is ready for a new home!

I am asking $450 for the whole setup (pistol and holster). Will consider trades of short barreled .357 revolvers and/or .45 ACP ammunition, however, cash is preferred. I will not be making a decision in regards to trade offers until this Friday in an effort to sell the pistol for cash first. Must be FTF and I will need to see a valid Indiana ID and LTCH. I am located in Central Indiana and am willing to drive up to an hour from my home to meet.

Now for pictures (forgive their quality, my camera has decided to refuse to read its memory card, so these were taken on my iPhone):

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Cash offer has been received and accepted. SPF.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Bump before bed with a price drop. Would consider trading for .357 revolver with a 4" barrel or smaller or .45 ACP ammunition.

Top Bottom