• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I'venarrowed down my search to strictly amazon (ffamily member has a prime account)

Im going to be buy some boots within next week. Any suggestions of brand to buy - or to avoid.

Price range of 50 to 90. I won't use them daily. Just couple weekends a month.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Might i suggest 6pm.com if your looking for "good boots"
    They have hi end boots for low end prices 2 to 300$ boots marked to 80-150.
    keen utility, danner, all of em.
    Aaaaaaalot more deals on there than anywhere online.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Danner Acadia. Best money I have ever spent on a pair of boots. If you can get past the initial cost they are totally worth it in my opinion. Made in the USA and they are resoleable for when you wear them out

What he said. I work in security and had these recommended to me by my dad who's been in law enforcement for 10 or so years. I wear them 5 days a week all day on my feet, not once since I bought them a year and a half ago have my feet hurt while working.

I also wear the 5.11 operators belt. have been using for about a year and its a beast.

However weekend wise I've been wearing a pair of CAT revolver boots for about 2 years. not tactical but comfy and durable.. (second best pair of boots I've ever bought)

Last edited:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Danner for boots no question. I have 511 tactical pants which I like, but think that there has to be better options. I really like my bushido tactical belt.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My current favorites are Propper tac pants, which can be found locally at Steven R. Jenkins at 21st/Shadeland. I like the cut and pockets better than 5.11 and they are cheaper. My current belt is a Volund G-hook, and I don't see ever using anything else for EDC or plainclothes duty. For me, boots are always dependent on the weather. Tall boots for the winter, Patagonia hikers for the other three seasons. Wish I could help you in boots, but "buy once, cry once" applies. They're your feet, take care of them (and your back!)

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Dont know how important 'tactical' is to your intended use, but I've had good boots from Danner, Saloman, and Red wing. As for resoling them, I've found Kimmel Shoe Repair on Broad Ripple Ave does FANTASTIC work at 'blue collar affordable' prices. Wore a resoled pair to work--boots I usually wear--and guys were asking where I bought the new boots!

Top Bottom