• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Okay. Here's a tactical decisions game, but one that became quite real for my family.

Time: 1:30 AM

Situation: You are asleep in bed, with your house alarm set. You awaken to the alarm going off and the front door banging open. You grab your HD weapon, and move to where you can see the door. There is a person standing in the entry, with a hood obscuring their face. The door is open and a driving rain is pouring through the doorway. What do you do?

This situation is exactly what happened in my house a couple years back. My dad grabbed his gun and went to confront the threat. Fortunately, he stays calm under stress, and we soon discovered that the hooded individual in our entry was my sister's (emotionally disturbed) friend. We always lock the doors at night, but somehow it wasn't locked that night.

Something to consider when you say that all invited persons are accounted for. (We were certainly not expecting her to show up that night.)
    I thought this was an interesting situation to consider, as it could have ended very tragically.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Likely tell him to show me his hands, and have someone call 911.

The key words are "emotionally disturbed." Nobody will be coming into my house at 1:30 in the morning unless they are breaking in or emotionally disturbed.

Either personality type could go south real quick.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Grab the shotgun and confront the individual. When I see them I'll tell them to stop right there or I will shoot! Then pump it for intimidation and obviously chamber a round. Anything other than listening to my exact orders very well may result in 00 Buck center mass.

Top Bottom