• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just saw a similar headline on Yahoo. I guess we will never learn. Many of the Syrian rebels are Al Queda sympathizers, so don't think we won't see the weapons we provide them eventually used on our own troops. We just never learn.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Never will! I say we sit this one out! What do we really have to gain here? Why sit on our hands for two years doing nothing and now all of a sudden, we are wanting in? Distraction from the scandals? Surely it can't be because we abhor the civilian casualty count. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Never will! I say we sit this one out! What do we really have to gain here? Why sit on our hands for two years doing nothing and now all of a sudden, we are wanting in? Distraction from the scandals? Surely it can't be because we abhor the civilian casualty count. :dunno:

If it was the civilian casualty count, we never would have left Iraq or would be back there.

Is there now proof it wasnt the rebels (as many govt's and the UN claimed) but the Syrian gov't that released used chemical weapons?

Distraction seems like the best reason now i can think of, nothing else is making sense

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Our Govts continuing commitment to spend billions of dollars and sacrifice hundreds/thousands of young Americans today to create the terrorists of tomorrow.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Since Russia is supplying the other side, are, once again, effectively in a war with Russia. This administration is the most incompetent one in American history.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hmmm, history lesson here. Didn't the US fund and arm Osama bin Laden to fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan? We all see how that one turned out. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Hmmm, history lesson here. Didn't the US fund and arm Osama bin Laden to fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan? We all see how that one turned out. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

I think it's about time we became isolationists and let the world figure out their own problems. We have more than enough crap on our plate here that needs tending too.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Many good points in the previous posts. Yes, we backed OBL and his mujahideen when he took on the invading Russians in the 1980's. Ironically enough, the first IEDs of OEF were probably fashioned from leftover ordnance and stamped "Made In USA". While OBL was fighting the good fight against the Ivans, we were backing Hussein in his 8-year war with Iran. This is the time in which we gave Hussein nearly anything and everything in our inventory to play with and I believe this is why OIF was started in part to take back some of the stuff we had provided. Ironically enough, again, many of the IEDs we encountered in Iraq were ordnance stamped "Made In USA" and the only WMDs we found were those IEDs that racked up some horrible casualty figures for our sons and daughters. We have ALWAYS supported the lesser of two evils in these wars. Tragic. Syria will be a welcome distraction for Obama and his timing for getting involved is calculated. Our lamestream media will focus all attention toward this new mission and the domestic agenda of this administration will gain momentum under the radar. Israel is the wild card or more aptly described as the stewing hornet's nest.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I just saw a similar headline on Yahoo. I guess we will never learn. Many of the Syrian rebels are Al Queda sympathizers, so don't think we won't see the weapons we provide them eventually used on our own troops. We just never learn.

Meh, If President Obama thought these weapons would be used against our own troops, he would have done it much sooner.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Can anyone name 1 thing this train-wreck-of-a-leader of the free world has done to live up to the Nobel Peace Prize he was given in '09? Let's see. Well, there was the overthrow of that horrible Egyptian president and the installation of the Muslim Bro-hood regime. Anything else?

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Oh they have learned. They have learned that they can do whatever they wish even if the public is against it because we won't do a damn thing to stop them.

The US has already been arming and training the "rebels". What do you think the poor gay dead ambassador in Benghazi was doing? He was sending ships filled with heavy arms to these same "rebels".

Seems to me we are creating our own "enemy" so we can fight a never ending war. Wars are great for scaring people into giving up their rights and have been used by tyrants for thousands of years to consolidate power.

Welcome to the Empire.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    They've been looking for a reason to do this for some time. Why are we surprised when they [STRIKE]invent[/STRIKE] find one?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    222470_446927315344775_423713902_n.jpg

Top Bottom