Madison Co Indiana

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I’ve actually never owned a Hornet myself but borrowed this splendid little German bolt action that was chambered for the Hornet and it was a fun rifle!!! Same friend had a Taurus revolver….. Can’t remember the model name that was chambered in the Hornet and that thing would flat out shoot!!!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’ve actually never owned a Hornet myself but borrowed this splendid little German bolt action that was chambered for the Hornet and it was a fun rifle!!! Same friend had a Taurus revolver….. Can’t remember the model name that was chambered in the Hornet and that thing would flat out shoot!!!

Probably a Taurus Raging Hornet.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Aside from making holes in paper or dents in steel plate what is the purpose of this? Not in any way judging just trying to learn something

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My guess is most .22 Hornet fans already have a Contender set up (if wanting a handgun).

But then those folks might think of dropping a chunk for such a revolver.

A scoped handgun kinda sucks. That weight/bulk...........better to just grab a rifle.

I used to be a handgun hunter. Now I just hunt LOL

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Factory ammo runs 2700 fps. Can be loaded down to 2000 or less. Virtually no recoil in a rifle. The standard 40-50 grain bullets, in a a handgun and loaded down, can utilize a rifle scope for better accuracy and superior hold.

On a related note, the 22TCM is a hornet clone in velocity, but uses a 223 bolt face and can be made from 223 cases. Case length is only 1.025". Perfect for TC guns. I'm seriously thinking about getting a TC barrel for it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Factory ammo runs 2700 fps. Can be loaded down to 2000 or less. Virtually no recoil in a rifle. The standard 40-50 grain bullets, in a a handgun and loaded down, can utilize a rifle scope for better accuracy and superior hold.

On a related note, the 22TCM is a hornet clone in velocity, but uses a 223 bolt face and can be made from 223 cases. Case length is only 1.025". Perfect for TC guns. I'm seriously thinking about getting a TC barrel for it.
    If it was me, I would to a Contender in TCM but as a 17 or a 19 caliber.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Well, you know we are 22 Hornet fans. Its a tough one to build a firearms that its accurate in,
    one thing I have never seen is a Ruger in 22 Hornet that is accurate.

I have a Ruger 77/22 in hornet that I've never shot. Picked it up cheap at a gun show. Nice looking rifle. I may have to break it out this spring and check it out.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What have you owned or seen that does well in Hornet, I have a Cooper, two Brownings a A Bolt Micro and a 1885 and used to own a Annie that preformed well.

I have a couple CZ 527s that shoot pretty good. Also a CZ in 17 hornet. That little sucker is a hoot to shoot, 20 grains at 3650 FPS!

Of course, this has nothing to do with revolvers in Hornet calibers, but this is INGO!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a couple CZ 527s that shoot pretty good. Also a CZ in 17 hornet. That little sucker is a hoot to shoot, 20 grains at 3650 FPS!

Of course, this has nothing to do with revolvers in Hornet calibers, but this is INGO!

The seventeens are a lot of fun to shoot.
    I wish Berger wouldn't have stopped making their 18 grainer.
    I've been trying to get Hornadys 15 to shoot well, it's just not wanting to play along with me.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Very fond of the Ol 22 Hornet.
    I have 22H in a Ruger 77 that's accurate enough for me & a TC Encore with a 4X Scope.
    Just use em for Plinkin.
    Don't know if I'd plunk down $1500 on a revolver for Plinkin. JMO

Top Bottom