• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just got back from a trip to Jamaica with 4/5 of our family. It was a fantastic time to relax, drink too many calories, and generally disconnect from my hectic life. We stayed at Beaches Negril which is phenomenal for the young kids, though Beaches Turks and Caicos is much more extravagant and bigger though much more $$$. Anyway, they had floor length urinals :rockwoot:

I hadn't been to INGO for a week prior to leaving for the vacation as a test. I found my life was no worse despite my lack of INGOing. I also deactivated Facebook (no, I didn't unfriend you Jared, Doug, etc...). The smartphone has made these two activities too accessible and I'm unable to control how much I access them due to personal weakness, so my decision was to remove them from my life. I was tired of being on my phone while my kids grew up. INGO has been great, taught me a lot, led to a side hobby business (which we're selling btw), and many great relationships. I have noticed myself seeing something and considering posting a thread about it, or snapping a pic and posting, but those habits will soon fade.

I'm not deleting my account or going out with a blazing banhammer blow. Feel free to E-mail me through the site if I can help in any way. I am an ER doc at St Francis in Indianapolis so if you find yourself there see if Brian Hartman is working and I'll try to make your stay less impersonal.

I'll leave you with two pics. The first is a tribute to my sister-in-law who is "The Produce Mom". She is a food industry personality and rep for Indy Fruit. www.theproducemom.com. I took her logo and gave it some Jamaican flare, then found a sea cucumber to pose with.

The final one is the sunset two nights ago in Negril, Jamaica. If you ever have the opportunity to take that special someone to Jamaica, go to Negril and stay at Couples Negril if it's just the two of you. Have a Bob Marley for me.

Thanks INGO, it's been real. I may be back later, but no current plans. :ingo:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hopefully you'll check in from time to time. I have enjoyed your humor and your input on many things medical and other wise! Enjoy your kids and family time! I understand the need for focus in your life.

I wish you best of luck!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    We'll miss you Doc , please stop in now and then . Best of luck to you and yours .

+1 You'll be missed... but I COMPLETELY understand the move you're making. It's a move that a LOT more of us should be making. As a matter of fact, I just started reading a book (available in free pdf from the author's website) called "Don't Waste Your Life". It's about a man that accepted Christ very late in life, and his proclamation at the time that he did so was , "I've wasted it, I've just wasted it" (in reference to his life). I can't say more because I haven't read much further than that yet... lol

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Glad to see you 'unplug' Doc. Life truly goes by too quickly to 'short sheet' the most important aspects of our lives, and we don't get reruns or do-overs.

I'm going to miss your being here on INGO Brian. Remember where we live and don't be a stranger...you and your family are welcome at our place anytime.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Good deal my friend.

The main reason I am on most groups is because of down time at work. First as means to escape the boredom in my previous business and now to fill time in one of my jobs where nothing interesting happens for long periods of time but I have to be there to respond to calls and I am not allowed to read a book.

Groups like INGO and FB similar are my "filler." I go away for days at a time because I have a life that I prefer to devote my attentions to when I am not at work or taking a short break between tasks at home. Any time it becomes something you can't walk away from easily, it's time to walk away for a while.

Good luck on your endeavors and I am glad to have had a chance to get to know you, you are a fine person IMO.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    8fumh5

A floor length urinal. We'll miss you doc. Best of luck!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Take care doc! Be sure to give my wife a difficult time when you see her at work. (PM me if you want her name.) We'll miss ya round here. Good luck and the best to you and yours.

Top Bottom