Suggestions for .22lr bolt action with rail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Looking for something to dispatch racoons around the house after dark with cci quiets or similar, I do not have a suppressor at this time.

Something to mount a light to would be great.

Any suggestions?

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    My suggestion, giving the same advice I've followed myself is the Ruger American Rimfire; Model 8306 is a good example with the shorter stock that I prefer despite being taller than the US average, and a threaded barrel if you get really serious about quiet racoon removal with a suppressor. Uses 10/22 magazines including 25 round when that is useful.

I don't know of any 22LR with a rail that is not more expensive and cumbersome. I would not consider the RPR to be as light or handy as I would want for your purpose, and I fought the Raccoon Wars here over the years, including sideways running shots as one dashed across my rooftop, firing at the exact moment I would not be shooting holes in my roof (or be at an unsafe angle relative to distant rural neighbors). I suspect a red dot would be much faster after dark, but I don't have one on a 22LR rifle.

You might be able to attach a Magpul polymer 1913 rail section somewhere along the fore end of the stock. I may look into doing that now that you bring it up, although my intent is to move a scope onto that rifle where it would not be as useful in raccoon CQB.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...You might be able to attach a Magpul polymer 1913 rail section somewhere along the fore end of the stock...

I put these on most all of my rifles these days. Frequently two, one for bipod, one for light. Screw them into the forend, if there isn't mlocks.

Strike Industries make a more expensive one, with a QD sling mount.

My Benjamin Marauder is set up like this for night time coon duty. Not quite .22LR power, but effective with well placed shots.

:)

Top Bottom