"Stranger Things" on Netflix. Anyone else watching?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_Things_(TV_series)

I am really enjoying the new Netflix scifi/horror show, "Stranger Things". It is set in a fictional town in Indiana in the 80's and centers around a group of kids, top secret government research conspiracy, monsters and all kinds of good stuff.

It feels like a really good Stephen King story, if you're a King fan and watch the show, you will see what I mean.

I think it is super awesome. Anyone else watching it? What do you think?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Plowed through the season in a couple days when it hit Netflix. Great show and as a child of the 80's, it was very nostalgic for me. Not sure I cared for the ending, but I enjoyed the show overall.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So much 80's awesomeness. Even the title music reminds me of my childhood.

My brother and I are the same age as the two brothers in it at that time, my self being the oldest...The scene where the older brother was turning the younger brother onto the Clash, "Should I stay or should I go" really hit home with me....I remember doing the same thing with my little brother....

"Look....Your going to hear a lot of crap music....Now you wait right here...You hear that? That's the Pogues....They are awesome and they will never be on the radio...."

Great show...Tangerine Dream inspired music...Smith and Wesson revolvers abound....No one freaks out with the kids being around guns....It's nice to see Wynona Ryder playing age appropriate parts....She really nailed her character....

Anyone able to ID the .22 rifle the kid grabbed in the shed???? Looks like a trainer of some sort...Like maybe his Boy Scout or 4 H rifle team rifle....

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Love the show on a lot of levels. Great period piece in addition to good acting and story.I too didn't really like the ending. Killing off all the main characters and letting the world drop off the edge was kind of a downer. Just kidding, I'm only on episode 3 or 4, I have no idea how it ends.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Plowed through the whole season in less than a week. Really liked it. Well done visual effects. Good plot. Very suspenseful and glad that it's coming back for a second season. This is well worth the $9 a month for Netflix. And a lot of period correct effects. Realistic brand cb radios, old bikes, old phones, old clothes. It doesn't seem like it was made last year.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife and I binge watched it over two days. I liked the attention to period correctness. The only glitch I spitted was in a close up of the CB's it clearly said "3 Watt 2 Channel" which would be 9 and 19... but they keep saying "use channel 6"

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    I'm through episode six. I'm not a Stephen King fan, so I can't compare there. I think of it as Goonies meets X-Files.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I watched it last week. I can't really compare how accurate it is to the 80's as that was before my time but it does remind me of watching E.T. and The Goonies which were some of my favorites when I was growing up.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My wife and I binge watched it over two days. I liked the attention to period correctness. The only glitch I spitted was in a close up of the CB's it clearly said "3 Watt 2 Channel" which would be 9 and 19... but they keep saying "use channel 6"

I thought I had one too when I saw a house with dimensional shingles...then I learned they were invented in the 70s.

Are you sure the radios said "2 channel". The radios they were using were Realistic TRC-214 which are 3 channel radios

Realistic_TRC-214.jpg

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just started tonight with the wife. Love how the entire thing is 80's. Music, effects, etc... good stuff.

It plays out like a love letter to the '80's.....It brought back a lot of memories...I like the guy playing the sheriff...I had never seen him in anything before but he plays that character well....I figure he will play pretty prominent in season 2....

Top Bottom