• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I hope you had a serial number to provide to the police. It becomes very difficult to do anything about any stolen item without make model serial number caliber or something specifically identifiable. Preferably even a photo. Try keeping a excel sheet of that info that you email to yourself so you can access it even if your computer is stolen. Walk around the house with a video showing electronics, lawn mower etc. It would probably help with insurance claims as well. If someone broke into your house and stole a bunch of things you will need to put the list together anyway.
    Good points and added to todo list.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So…was it stolen and recovered, or did you forget it at home and mistakenly report it stolen? That’s awfully quick to recover a stolen firearm.
    Only in Marion County. Ive heard others say that everywhere else you get it back immediately if there are no other factors. (e.g. found in the trunk of a suspect, ditched and found by cops, etc.)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My CZ P-10 was stolen from my vehicle on Wednesday morning between 10am an 11am in Noblesville on North Ninth Street in front of the Pack and Ship FedEx drop off. It was in the glove box which is not lockable and I was neglectful as I did not lock the vehicle. The spare mag and forty silver Eagles (worth more than the CZ) were not touched. The pistol was barely used and was suppressor ready with a stainless steel thread protector attached to the barrel.
    I commend you on your bravery in posting this thread.
    This should serve as a good reminder to all who read it not to leave a firearm in an easily accessible place where thieves of opportunity can take it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Only in Marion County. Ive heard others say that everywhere else you get it back immediately if there are no other factors. (e.g. found in the trunk of a suspect, ditched and found by cops, etc.)
    "Stolen" from his car, and back in his hands in a week? End of discussion?

OK.gif

:):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Stolen" from his car, and back in his hands in a week? End of discussion?

View attachment 255917

:):
    How long did it take for Eli Dicken to get his pistol after the investigation was complete? That was outside Marion County, and was more than a simple stolen property case.

If you dont know, it was IMMEDIATELY. Guy Relford was given the gun the day of the press conference announcing they were done to return it to Eli.

Not saying what happened either way. Just saying its possible for sane PDs to quickly return stolen property when recovered. Not all jurisdictions are as messed up as Indy.

So I'll ask you this. Assuming it was stolen and recovered for whatever reason that made it a simple stolen property case, why wouldnt it have been returned quickly? (remember this is Noblestucky, not Indy)

And if he did leave it at home (or whatevs) and just THOUGHT it was stolen, why would he bother to come here and update the thread? Its not like we were all scouring the world for it and needed to be called to stand down. I know if it were me, I'd likely shut my bacon hole and hope this thread would simply disappear into the shrubbery like the Homer Simpson meme.

Regardless, all is well. He has his gun back, and appears to have learned his lesson. Time to move on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom