• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Does not help you are talking about BA and here I am talking about BAC...lol. Boeing will be fine. BAC...probably not.

I wondered why you kept talking about banking stuff but I figured it was probably bigger picture things that you felt may be impacting the price... Even the bailout talk made sense. haha

I also thought it was odd that you were misplacing the decimal in the price, but you were wrong by almost exactly 1 order of magnitude so I thought maybe that's just how you liked to do it for reasons unknown to me. :dunno:

So. LOL... Yeah, I don't know anything about BAC, but Boeing is having a nice day.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Started investing heavily into CCL around December/January. It was around $50/share but they have great dividends. It hit $8/share. Talk about painful. I'm dollar cost averaging in the 30s right now. I did set up an actual pandemic pie on my M1 account lol https://m1.finance/dp5rItkLF4ZJ

If anyone is wanting an app to use let me know and i'll send you a link. Then we both get free stocks. Right now WeBull is offering two I think.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Started investing heavily into CCL around December/January. It was around $50/share but they have great dividends. It hit $8/share. Talk about painful. I'm dollar cost averaging in the 30s right now. I did set up an actual pandemic pie on my M1 account lol https://m1.finance/dp5rItkLF4ZJ

If anyone is wanting an app to use let me know and i'll send you a link. Then we both get free stocks. Right now WeBull is offering two I think.

Ouch, man... I got in CCL at $24 thinking it had hit the bottom and was coming back... I was mistaken. My average is $16.32 so I'm close to breaking even today. I think CCL will be a good hold for the future, even at your average, or it will be out of business. Kinda like I said way upstream in this thread about BA; it's hero or zero time! We'll see!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm deep, and I mean deeeeep, into ARLP, also because of the dividend. It has lost about 20 years of gains pretty consistently from the time I started buying it in the spring. I'm down a nice used car on it and I don't have much hope for coal recovering any time soon, or certainly not as much as I need it to. It's far and away my worst purchase. I'm averaged at 12, today's price is UP to 4... Oops...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What happens when you inject trillions a day and buy billions a day in assets?

Negative rate on US Treasuries. Soon it may cost you money,just to leave money in a bank. Welcome to the club. The German,EU,and Japanese club of...negative rates.
    Today is the first time since US Treasuries where created that the rates have been negative. This will have an impact.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/neg...th-treasury-bill-yields-are-now-negative.html

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    What happens when you inject trillions a day and buy billions a day in assets?

Negative rate on US Treasuries. Soon it may cost you money,just to leave money in a bank. Welcome to the club. The German,EU,and Japanese club of...negative rates.
    Today is the first time since US Treasuries where created that the rates have been negative. This will have an impact.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/neg...th-treasury-bill-yields-are-now-negative.html

Today is the first time that any QE or rate cutting has had any positive effect at all on the market too. My opinion is if the .gov now STFU and just let's the market ride for a few weeks, we may actually get out of this mess.

Given that this administration has been pretty reluctant to just let the market "market" itself, my hopes are low... My hopes are low that they turn the spigot off once it recovers in any sort of reasonable amount of time too.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Today is the first time that any QE or rate cutting has had any positive effect at all on the market too. My opinion is if the .gov now STFU and just let's the market ride for a few weeks, we may actually get out of this mess.

Given that this administration has been pretty reluctant to just let the market "market" itself, my hopes are low... My hopes are low that they turn the spigot off once it recovers in any sort of reasonable amount of time too.

So now it is both dems and republicans not doing the vote today.

CONGRESS

Pelosi reacts to coronavirus stimulus deal, doesn't say when or how House will vote

The chamber has adjourned until Thursday and it is likely there would be no action until then.https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...us-stimulus-deal-doesn-t-say-when-or-n1168406
    Stocks will not like that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So now it is both dems and republicans not doing the vote today.

CONGRESS

Pelosi reacts to coronavirus stimulus deal, doesn't say when or how House will vote

The chamber has adjourned until Thursday and it is likely there would be no action until then.https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...us-stimulus-deal-doesn-t-say-when-or-n1168406
    Stocks will not like that.

I hope Trump's campaign uses all these delays by the democrats to make hay this fall. They should all be voted out (but I know they won't because people are stupid.)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The market doesn't seem to know or care yet. I'm about to turn green on CCL and BA is up 30% and holding.

Bitcoin (GBTC) is foundering a little, but that's so volatile it's hardly a market indicator when it moves. Even my Canadian weed stock is on the rise! :pimp:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I hope Trump's campaign uses all these delays by the democrats to make hay this fall. They should all be voted out (but I know they won't because people are stupid.)

Oh, if he turns this mess around anywhere before the end of May, the election is in the bag and the debates will be legendary.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Even after this very positive day I am only about half green.

I'm not even approximately approaching even half green in the lifetime column, but just about everything is green for the day for me.

MUCH to my surprise, I'm up over all on CCL now. Made an entire $12 so far... Only several more 0s to go...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...enate-coronavirus-bill-over-drafting-n1168766

Some of the GOP have been trying to delay it for most of the day as well.

At least their objections make sense, and are related to the purpose of the bill, and they're not delaying it because they want to include reporting of the racial makeup of the board of directors of companies, all the New Green Deal crap, etc. that have nothing to do with Covid-19.

"In a statement, Sens. Tim Scott, R-S.C., Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Ben Sasse, R-Neb., said that the bill could provide a "strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work" because some people could theoretically make more by being unemployed."This isn’t an abstract, philosophical point — it’s an immediate, real-world problem," they continued. "If the federal government accidentally incentivizes layoffs, we risk life-threatening shortages in sectors where doctors, nurses, and pharmacists are trying to care for the sick, and where growers and grocers, truckers and cooks are trying to get food to families' tables."

One of these things is not like the other.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm not even approximately approaching even half green in the lifetime column, but just about everything is green for the day for me.

MUCH to my surprise, I'm up over all on CCL now. Made an entire $12 so far... Only several more 0s to go...
    I hit a small jackpot. This past Friday I bought stock in Norwegian, American Airlines, and Pfizer. I invested $1k spread over the 3, most heavily concentrated on the cruise and airline stock. It was nice yesterday that Norwegian and American Airlines finished out as #1 and #2 gainers. I sold off this evening to the tune of $839 profit. Futures are trading negative now. I think all these folks getting in line for unemployment will hurt those gains we've seen past 2 days.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I hit a small jackpot. This past Friday I bought stock in Norwegian, American Airlines, and Pfizer. I invested $1k spread over the 3, most heavily concentrated on the cruise and airline stock. It was nice yesterday that Norwegian and American Airlines finished out as #1 and #2 gainers. I sold off this evening to the tune of $839 profit. Futures are trading negative now. I think all these folks getting in line for unemployment will hurt those gains we've seen past 2 days.

:yesway: Love it when I plan comes together!

I've been holding PFE for months now hoping something comes of it... So far, it's just another song sung blue for me.

Yep... I think we're gonna be coughing up plenty of these gains over the few week or two. My portfolio closed about 5% down from the daily high, that's a BIG step. Still went in the right direction overall, so, here's hoping we hold on to some of it.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Started investing heavily into CCL around December/January. It was around $50/share but they have great dividends. It hit $8/share. Talk about painful. I'm dollar cost averaging in the 30s right now.

I missed the bottom but got in at $10.52, feeling pretty good about it right now!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I was a frog hair from buying CCL at $24. My investment advisor, which happens to be a very close friend, talked me off that cliff that day. I'm glad he did

He should have. It was an idiot play that I should have known better than to grab. It bounced on BS speculation and then tanked again right after that. I knew better, but...

Anyhow, averaging down was the only option I had. It's another hero or zero position for me on that one. They're either gonna make me a good bit of money, or they're gonna go out of business.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom