Stir the pot... Your preferred subcompact 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think I might be rubbing on that channel on the bottom of the trigger guard like it is cut out for the trigger. Not sure but I suspect that. I don't think it is like trigger bite..

After my experience with the CZ P10C I think there are trigger guard designs and hand anatomy that don't go well together. No matter what I did, I could not get the P10C to work for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After my experience with the CZ P10C I think there are trigger guard designs and hand anatomy that don't go well together. No matter what I did, I could not get the P10C to work for me.
    I think you are right. Although my finger must be really sensitive... I must have some female cat in me. The Glock 30s really stung my finger and it had to be trigger bite, same way with the last BHP that I bought.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

The weird thing is, I get trigger bite on my P10C with the CGW first gen trigger but none at all with my stock P10S. I can shoot the P10S with no bite, shoot the P10C and get bite, then switch back to the P10S and get no bite again. I don’t know what they may have done to change that, but it seems to be gone in my P10S.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The weird thing is, I get trigger bite on my P10C with the CGW first gen trigger but none at all with my stock P10S. I can shoot the P10S with no bite, shoot the P10C and get bite, then switch back to the P10S and get no bite again. I don’t know what they may have done to change that, but it seems to be gone in my P10S.

Do you remember which P10 I shot the last time we were at the range? Cuz, that one mag stung pretty good.

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I think I might be rubbing on that channel on the bottom of the trigger guard like it is cut out for the trigger. Not sure but I suspect that. I don't think it is like trigger bite..

I think I had a similar experience with my glock. I thought it might have been due to the trigger safety.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think I had a similar experience with my glock. I thought it might have been due to the trigger safety.

I'm not a fan of the trigger bar safety. I have shot a few Glocks and though I could probably get used to it (condition the finger like a guitarist?), I haven't needed to try.

The M&P trigger has no bar.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I ended up selling my Shield and realized that I really liked it and could use it for those times when carrying my 2.0 Compact was going to be too much.
    So I bought a new 2.0 Shield. I looked at others and though I think I could like the P365, I stuck with what I knew I liked. Plus it is so close to my Compact Smith so the familiarity is there.
    I know folks say the Shield has been surpassed by current new offerings, but in my opinion that does not diminish the pistol. It still does what it did when it came out; provides an easily concealable firearm with ample firepower and capacity in a platform that is dependable and robust. I can live with that.
    Having owned both, I'm not sure you are missing much. But then again, my 1.0 had the Apex trigger on it from the start so I can't remember what the factory trigger was like. So far, my 2.0 is factory, just like my compact. And I like them both.
    I would not have bought a 2.0 if I still had the 1.0. I got my 2.0 for around $250 so I figured why not?

$250!!! I guess so! I always try to buy at "value" pricing, but you certainly got me beat, I paid $325 for mine and thought I was getting a deal a few months back.
    I think I got 3 mags and a holster.
    The original Shield was my favorite and I tried alot of different small CC guns, and kept the Shield 1.0 longer than any other I'd had.
    I lost control when I shot a Sig 365, bought one and sold Shield.
    I always wondered if the 2.0 lived up to the hype and took a chance and bought one and it hasn't disappointed.
    It does seem to fit the right niche for me as well, and when I try others (been on a Kahr or kick lately, plus Rugers keep showing up in my safe), I compare them to the Shield.
    I sold 1 Kahr that wasn't going to replace the Shield 2.0, and I have another Kahr that is being weighed in the balances now.

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I'm not a fan of the trigger bar safety. I have shot a few Glocks and though I could probably get used to it (condition the finger like a guitarist?), I haven't needed to try.

The M&P trigger has no bar.

One of the reasons I switched to the P30SK. Sold my other glocks but put the 19 in a Roni Micro. Couldn’t bring myself to sell it

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    MPX SBR with a 4" barrel. Suppressed rifle that fits inside the console of your truck, or, under your coat. :D

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Target is 1/4 size dry fire target, first round out of gun from 7 yds. Retired the target. Should be even better when I get my Dawson sights. :):

That is really fun when that happens!
    I have done that with a few guns, and I don't even want to shoot another round. :)
    It happened at the range with a member' revolver weeks ago.
    I don't remember which it was b/c I shot 4 of his, but I think it was an older S/W revolver with a trigger that had me in tears.
    I'm not a "trigger" nut, so when I experience a really sweet one, I get emotional :rofl:.
    If I could do the work, I'd be a trigger nut, my friend says it cost him $20ish dollars to replace something, along with some polishing.
    I know that it happened with a Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander in 9mm (I've had 2: love them), and a Beretta Tomcat .32 acp.

57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    If it has to be a 9mm, I'd go for the Kahr PM 9. Take a close look at this one. Micro? Perhaps... The trigger - rather a long pull, but is super smooth.... and smooth as a hot knife through butter!

Top Bottom