• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoGoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Zionsville
    What are you gonna spend your money on? Assuming you meet the AGI limit.

I freaking hate our idiocracy....

Why not make the income limit something reasonable, like 50,000? Those people actually need it. Not to mention the other 90% of the stupid bill that goes to fund gender neutral toilet paper studies.

I'm buying all guns and ammo. Because when we have to pay this all back it's going to be war.
    What is interesting (but not surprising).
    In December-January, especially before the Georgia runoff, everyone was promised $2,000 checks. Then $1,600 checks. Now $1,400 checks.

Also I read last night, there is a provision in this soon to be law, IF any student loans are forgiven between now and 2026, that the forgiven amount would be tax free.
    I'm not opposed to stimulus checks, but the level of fiscal unawareness (or disregard) by elected officials, irrespective of party, is somewhat breathtaking.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What annoys me about the salary cut off.
    Let's pretend for a sex a guy named "joey joe joe" has an awesome job. In 2019 he made a flat 100k. But due to the early 2020 turn down he was let go. So now with no income the gov says you made too much last year please continue to struggle while he help those who made less.

If they are going to be burning the midnight oil running the money making machines why not help everyone?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What is interesting (but not surprising).
    In December-January, especially before the Georgia runoff, everyone was promised $2,000 checks. Then $1,600 checks. Now $1,400 checks.

Also I read last night, there is a provision in this soon to be law, IF any student loans are forgiven between now and 2026, that the forgiven amount would be tax free.
    I'm not opposed to stimulus checks, but the level of fiscal unawareness (or disregard) by elected officials, irrespective of party, is somewhat breathtaking.
    Now, imagine air quotes all over what I am about to say.

The reason why it is $1,400 now is because you already got the $600 which was round #2. When round 2 was being debated, there were competing proposals, $600 in one and $2,000 in another. The one that was originally passed and which President Trump signed was $600 even though there was talk as that happened about sending the bill back through the process for more money. After the bill was signed and the checks were being prepared and sent out, the discussion started to be about $1,400 ($2,000-$600=$1,400)

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    What annoys me about the salary cut off.
    Let's pretend for a sex a guy named "joey joe joe" has an awesome job. In 2019 he made a flat 100k. But due to the early 2020 turn down he was let go. So now with no income the gov says you made too much last year please continue to struggle while he help those who made less.

If they are going to be burning the midnight oil running the money making machines why not help everyone?
    Did you file your 2020 taxes? It’s my understanding they will go by that income, if you have already filed.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Did you file your 2020 taxes? It’s my understanding they will go by that income, if you have already filed.
    I suppose that's a good point I didnt consider that it goes off your 2020 taxes if you have done them.

It's a made scenario. I didnt lose my job and I don't make $100k a year

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'll buy $400 worth of stuff for $1,400 because hyperinflation...

Probably just save it for upcoming life changes, just like the last two. Park it in cash savings and watch my purchasing power continue to evaporate.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    That's hopeful thinking. I got the first one, direct deposited. However, for the second one, the IRS said they didn't have enough information, even though none of my information changed.

The government could screw up a train wreck.
    A friend of mine had a similar problem with his second one as you did. He used turbo tax for his taxes and at the end it asks which stimulus’s you received. When he selected that he did not receive the second one he said it added the 600 to his refund. Hopefully you will get it at that point.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    I’ll be doing the obvious responsible thing and buying another motorcycle. So if u guys have one for sale pm me a pic and price and I’ll let ya know if I’m interested. :) happy trails to u all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't even know there was going to be another government handout.
    There’s not. Btw, Gabe ole buddy, I mistakenly had a check sent your way, and by accident it has your name on it. If you don’t mind, endorse it, and send it back to me. PM me for further details.

Top Bottom