• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    Yeah so went to the NRA convention to get one of these in my hands and I have to say they are freaking awesome and as soon as I can afford it I'm gonna order one. Heck I'm even trying to sell a AR10 to fund it lmao

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I think that Stealth Arms is on the right track with the Platypus. The ones I handled at the NRA Convention seemed well built. I would like a G19 sized one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm afraid I have no meaningful contributuon - but did anybody else open this thread simply because it said platypus and they were curious?
    Honestly, I didn't open this thread until now because of platypus being in the title, but then someone mentioned the gun and it being at NRAAM in another thread. If I'd seen this before I went to NRAAM I might have had to check them out. I happened to check out a Prodigy at the conference and thought that felt good enough that I just stayed away from the Stacatto booth as those have to be even better otherwise I might be sleeping on the couch.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sage advice: Don't be a beta-tester.

That said - since the Prodigy is, unsurprisingly, a turd (so far)... I do welcome other less expensive producers of the 2011 platform.

But if a $1700 gun is going to require $2-500 in potential work from a 'smith to get it to work correctly, ala Prodigy, then may as well just go ahead and buy a Staccato.

If I'm to invest one day, optics ready and w/ a threaded barrel is a must. Wet work and all that.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Sage advice: Don't be a beta-tester.

That said - since the Prodigy is, unsurprisingly, a turd (so far)... I do welcome other less expensive producers of the 2011 platform.

But if a $1700 gun is going to require $2-500 in potential work from a 'smith to get it to work correctly, ala Prodigy, then may as well just go ahead and buy a Staccato.

If I'm to invest one day, optics ready and w/ a threaded barrel is a must. Wet work and all that.
    I agree. I also checked out the Stealth Arms over the weekend. I also messed around with the Staccato line. Wow. Big difference to me. I will wait until I can afford the Staccato.

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    So classic firearms just put them in the day three part one video. The lead time is probably gonna jump. I have shot Staccato and the prodigy and they are both nice but when I handled this at the convention it felt just as smooth as both in my opinion. It may have just been the fact that the gun was a display and was smoothed out by all the racking and was probably one of there better pieces. But also it's still almost half the price of the Staccato. Just my two cents.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've put a few rounds through a Staccato and I liked it but always ask myself the same question. What will this do for ME that a Glock 45 won't do? Yeah the trigger is better but it's heavier and bulkier, not to mention the fact that I can buy several G-45s for the price of the Staccato.
    The Stealth is a little different animal. It's more customizable, several hundred $$$ less expensive and I know the mags are available and reliable. I've owned some pretty high end 1911s and never felt they were as utterly reliable as a Glock or currently for me a PSA Dagger. Possibly just my perception but that's how I see it.
    YYMV, I've never considered a Staccato but I am considering a Stealth. Not to replace my EDC Dagger but just because I really liked the look and feel of it. I'm also impressed with the "outside the box" engineering I see in it that I haven't seen in anything else.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So classic firearms just put them in the day three part one video. The lead time is probably gonna jump. I have shot Staccato and the prodigy and they are both nice but when I handled this at the convention it felt just as smooth as both in my opinion. It may have just been the fact that the gun was a display and was smoothed out by all the racking and was probably one of there better pieces. But also it's still almost half the price of the Staccato. Just my two cents.
    I handled one last week at a local dealer that was in for transfer.. Felt just as good as the guns I handled at the convention.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Handled the stealth arms at NRA , it seemed decent , though time will tell. There is not a significant enough price difference to justify the Platypus over a Staccato to myself personally. If I am dropping 2k+ on a gun I want to know the company will be around longer than Hudson Manufacturing was.

Top Bottom