• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It's a decent area. There is plenty of retail up and down East St (aka US 31). Heading straight south will take you to Greenwood Mall (5 miles?). The gun shop Indy Trading Post is straight north about 1.5 miles. Flapjacks is a good family restaurant about a half mile east at Thompson and Madison. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there compared to some other areas of Indy.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You'll be real close to the Red Lobster. And every kind of restaurant south of you in/near Greenwood.
    Indy Trading Post to the north if you have time for the range or want to shop.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Which hotel? The ones on the south of Thompson are nicer than the ones on the north. Panhandlers a-plenty and petty criminals/dopers tend to congregate in two of the hotels there.

I would not leave valuables exposed in my vehicle, otherwise you're probably fine.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Which hotel? The ones on the south of Thompson are nicer than the ones on the north. Panhandlers a-plenty and petty criminals/dopers tend to congregate in two of the hotels there.

I would not leave valuables exposed in my vehicle, otherwise you're probably fine.

:+1:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Thanks for all the feedback. Will be at Holiday Inn Express at 5151 S. East St.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You'll be just a little less than a mile from my house. :) I pretty much concur with the previous statements. I haven't been in there for awhile, but the Longacre Tavern (just north of Thompson on Madison) used to have decent food. Nothing fancy... kind of a biker bar. It's under new management now I see so that's why I can't say for sure if the food has gotten better or worse. I'm not sure if they still have the sign outside that says, "Eat Here. Nobody likes a coward." :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That one is fine. The Chinese buffet on the southwest corner is decent.

Yep. The Blucky Buffet as my family calls it. Was driving by one day and my FiL said "Blucky Buffet? Whats a Blucky Buffet?" We all lost it. "That was 8 Lucky Buffet, dad." I think he needs his eyes checked. And a couple weeks ago he was at our house and looked across the road at our neighbor's pool. "There's somebody already swimming in there." "Yeah dad, the new owner has been wading in it several times starting to get it open and cleaned." Then the MiL looked. "John, thats a giant rubber duck chlorinator, not a person's head."

Never a dull moment around my family.

And I concur. That area isnt too bad.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    New Bethel Ordinary 8838 Southeastern Ave. Wanamaker IN. 46239. About 12 miles away from you. Pizza is amazing. Awesome little place.

I second that. Ten minutes away from me. Did you know that you can buy the pre- made pizzas frozen and take them home to cook.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    The fountain drinks do taste a little odd. Don't know if they are still using well water or not... I always get beer with my pizza and wings so I never taste the ice cubes. Bubba's 33 is a good place to eat as well. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom