• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I guess the company I presently work for in the next few weeks is doing these “Stay Interviews”.
    So has anyone heard of them or done one of these deals before and wondering how did you handle it?
    Or by chance does any retired scholars here on INGO know anything about or have experience with these “Stay Interviews”?

I honestly think these are a joke and a big setup even though they say doing these because they care…. :)

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Interested in the outcome of your employer's "stay" interviews. Maybe they care, maybe they are seeing who goes first.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    See if you’ll comply with their upcoming vax mandate? Never heard of them, unless that’s the new vernacular for “performance review”.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've never heard of this an actual, official, practice before but it's been my experience that any critical employee feedback will be used against you later.

If they cared what you thought, they would have been listening long before it was quitting time. I say this as a guy that learned that yet another of my dotted line bosses is quitting my employer (announced it yesterday). Since I've started this job, there is 1 person between me and the board of directors that still works there, including the CEO, the president, head of HR, CFO, etc, all the way down me picking boogers in the corner. Most of that positions have not been filled in what is pretty clear preference for our foreign divisions.

Hard to see that coming. :faint:

The new president of our north America operations just sent out a "Hi! Please take this survey!" email... and also sent it in Spanish.

I did not complete the survey. If I were forced to go on record in an actual interview, I would be more like @BigRed or start packing my bags.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Never heard of a Stay Interviews. I've been in IT management most of my working careers. I had to look it up. Sooo glad I'm retired now.

Stay interviews are conducted to help managers understand why employees stay and what might cause them to leave. In an effective stay interview, managers ask standard, structured questions in a casual and conversational manner. Most stay interviews take less than half an hour

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I used to work for a large corporation in research and development. They used to require similar interviews and reviews about twice a year. They required us to sign documents stating that we had to submit for approval any activities outside of our place of employment. The reason was to insure that there was not a conflict of interest.

Of course, with me, the battle was on. There was no way that they would force me to ask permission for outside activities. I told them that they didn't have enough money to control my life outside of the workplace. Anyway, bottom line, I refused to sign any of the interviews and reviews and I never had a problem with them after that. I was prepared to walk away from the job if they were going to pursue requiring signatures on their one sided contracts.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've seen places where you had to interview for your own job, to see who they were keeping. I never stayed long once that kind of thing started.

I'm surprised they call it a stay interview rather than doing some kind of employee sentiment poll in a regular basis.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I used to work for a large corporation in research and development. They used to require similar interviews and reviews about twice a year. They required us to sign documents stating that we had to submit for approval any activities outside of our place of employment. The reason was to insure that there was not a conflict of interest.

Of course, with me, the battle was on. There was no way that they would force me to ask permission for outside activities. I told them that they didn't have enough money to control my life outside of the workplace. Anyway, bottom line, I refused to sign any of the interviews and reviews and I never had a problem with them after that. I was prepared to walk away from the job if they were going to pursue requiring signatures on their one sided contracts.

I'd never agree to such nonsense either. My employer has pretty hilarious intellectual property language in their employee agreements and I read it, signed it, and figured they could fight me in court if the need ever came up. Their non-compete is about the same story. So insane that I'm not worried about it...

So... I'd be more like BigRed. Bite your tongue until it bleeds, collect the check, and go home to live your life.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The only reason I've been at my present company so long is because no one else will hire an over weight, old welder....everyone wants young workers....

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The only reason I've been at my present company so long is because no one else will hire an over weight, old welder....everyone wants young workers....

I promise you that's not true. I wrote a job description for a small-ish fab shop that said applicants had to be willing to pass a background check and the owner red lined that immediately. Turns out 3/4 of his staff were felons. If you could strike an arc and show up on time, you could work there.

I worked at another place that used the work release program as their recruiting office.

I got the impression that neither place paid too terribly well... but... :dunno:

I don't know.
    A lot of companies are now hiring whoever they can.

Also this. I just drove past a Taco Bell that said the starting salary was $13/hr and that it paid daily. For at least the duration of that red light, I started counting up how much I could make at Taco Bell if I showed up just whenever I wanted to. Surely I could scam enough free tacos to just make the 5-9 rush worthwhile a few times a week?

Top Bottom