State Representative Cherrish Pryor on SB 0012.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    A while back I wrote to pretty much everyone at State level who "represents" me (State Senator, State Representative, Governor, and Lieutenant Governor) regarding SB 0011 and SB 0012 (separate letters for each--on the principle of keeping each letter to a single issue).

Got a response from Ms. Pryor today:

Thank you very much for writing and sharing your opinion. I always enjoy hearing from the people I serve. Protecting our students and society is very important to me. I will consider your opinion and try to keep an open mind when SB 0012 comes before me.

"Try" to keep an open mind, huh? I wonder if I should send a version of the letter I sent to Andre Carson regarding "gun control" to her? Something like:

Thank you very much for your thoughts concerning gun control. I will keep your thoughts in mind when I vote in 2010.

You see, a person in your position--vice chair of the House Judiciary Comittee--cannot be ignorant of the facts unless she is willfully so.

A person in your position cannot help but know that there is a strong positive correlation in the United States between "gun control" and violent crime--the more "gun control," the more violent crime.

A person in your position cannot help but know that the foreign examples of low crime or low gun crime had their low crime even before they enacted gun control legislation, and the trend has been for crime to increase after gun control is enacted.

A person in your position cannot help but know that even India's severe gun control, amounting to an outright ban for all practical purposes, did not stop the terrorists from obtaining guns and killing large numbers of people with them. That "gun control" only ensured that the victims could not fight back.

A person in your position cannot help but know that every time easing the infringement on the right to keep and bear arms is proposed (as, for instance, when a State proposes "shall issue" on handgun licenses) the predictions of "blood in the streets" are made, but every time the easing actually happens, the predictions fail to come true.

A person in your position cannot help but know that, for stated purpose of reducing individual risk of violent crime, gun control does not work.

Since you cannot help but know these things, I have to presume that there are other reasons that you will just "try to keep an open mind."

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I will consider your opinion and try to keep an open mind when SB 0012 comes before me.

Translation: "I don't want to just flat-out say 'I am blowing you off.' However, I am blowing you off."

Top Bottom