• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    went yesterday , friday . at gate to enter a very young female attendant asks us to empty our pockets ..... say what ! i paused , told her i forgot my wallet and returned to my car to lock up my carry gun ! when on earth did this start ? to my remembrance lat year and years before this it never took place . i don't use the word betrayed much , but in this case it fits . located the police station on grounds and they confirmed that no weapons were allowed on the fair grounds .
    ok that was more than likely my last time to go . in the land of $12 turkey legs & $9 ft. long corn dogs , i believe the time has come to say enough !! beer drinkin is good to go now at the fair , but you will not be permitted to exercise your carry rights ..... go figure .

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Was your carry in your pocket? Was she wanding as well? So you empty your pockets -- leave the important item in the holster. ????

Should have yelled "I am offended! Where is the safe place?"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    went yesterday , friday . at gate to enter a very young female attendant asks us to empty our pockets ..... say what ! i paused , told her i forgot my wallet and returned to my car to lock up my carry gun ! when on earth did this start ? to my remembrance lat year and years before this it never took place . i don't use the word betrayed much , but in this case it fits . located the police station on grounds and they confirmed that no weapons were allowed on the fair grounds .
    ok that was more than likely my last time to go . in the land of $12 turkey legs & $9 ft. long corn dogs , i believe the time has come to say enough !! beer drinkin is good to go now at the fair , but you will not be permitted to exercise your carry rights ..... go figure .

The state fair has been a gun free zone for quite some time.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    I go in through the north gate on a golf cart and bypass all that. I park in the RV lot by my friends free RV and ride in, all the dairy barn, pork and beef tent stuff is free too.

You plebes can suck it. LOL

My company works at the fairgrounds year round.

I can go to any show there also, just say my companies name as I use my keys to come in the side door and they are like "Hey how are you? Have a nice time!"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Went last weekend, as we do every year. Wasn't searched, didn't have to empty pockets and they only gave my wife's purse a cursory glance. Paid $4 for a corndog and got the family two 32oz lemon shakeups and 4 sati babi's for $20. Pork on a stick? Worth every penny. Didn't get mugged coming or going and didn't even miss having my EDC. The fair ain't a warzone.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    Went last weekend, as we do every year. Wasn't searched, didn't have to empty pockets and they only gave my wife's purse a cursory glance. Paid $4 for a corndog and got the family two 32oz lemon shakeups and 4 sati babi's for $20. Pork on a stick? Worth every penny. Didn't get mugged coming or going and didn't even miss having my EDC. The fair ain't a warzone.

This also, even though I don't have to pay or go through security, I don't carry.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Where are these gate attendants you speak of? My family and I went last Wednesday and had no problems what so ever. Paid to park, parked, walked right in no check points. Unless you parked off site and walked over. Maybe that's why. We parked on the track behind the stage where the concerts are. I looked around a bit never seeing any open carry, of course concealed being a bit harder to spot I wasn't really trying to check out all the dudes walking around. Only guns seen were at the kids pirate show over in the family fun area. Pretty funny show actually, we enjoyed it quite a bit.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I went Thursday, would have carried if I'd have known there would be no searches upon entry, not because I felt unsafe at any time, just that I hate having to enable criminals by leaving my gun locked in the car. I have a bulldog safe in the car, and it's completely out of sight, but still, I worried over it the whole time I was there, and we parked where our car was literally in sight of the main gate. All that being said, I didn't find prices of anything to be unreasonable, considering we were at a state fair. All in all, for my first Indiana state fair, it was a positive experience, I've been to the Kentucky state fair too many times to remember, and prefer it to Indianas, but I'm just more used to the way the Kentucky fair is laid out.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area

The rest of Indiana is not a war zone either but I still carry everyday and everywhere where legal. I guess you only carry in war zones huh? One never knows when you may need a gun and there are a lot of thugs in and outside the fair grounds. I don't go to the fair for these reasons, thugs and no carry. Glad you feel safe. Me, I will stay a long way from that area.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its been my experience that the searches happen one of two places:

Main gate
    After 5pm

or both. (everywhwere after 5)

This is the first year im not going. Just too busy with vacation, FiL just had open heart surgery, etc. But I havent been searched outside of a casual bag check, ever. No wands just "show us inside the bag/purse/etc". I enter off the deaf school grounds (or is it blind? I get them mixed up) and the gates are MUCH less active there.

I dont carry there, but I do feel much safer once I'm inside the fence. ISP does a really good job there. Plus it helps I take off after lunch on a weekday and the family spends the quiet(er) afternoon there instead of a busy time like a friday nite.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

Mmm, sati Babi, terre haute born, getting some tomorrow

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well since ISP provides all the LE security, you'd be wise to leave your wallet at home.

iseewatudidthere.jpg

Top Bottom