5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My husband wants ME to go see this with him. I think I might just sit it out. :) Not my style, I guess.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I love Star Trek. Not a uber trekker. But I did have a uniform shirt as a pre-teen. :)

I was with Shatner in Indy when he did some work for Star Trek: Generations.

shatnerbennett.jpg

That being said, I really wanted to say that I despise going to movies and there being food eaten. I want no distractions. That's why I have a 100"+ home theater. Let my CVs fill my ears, and keep my entranced.

Hey, I know that guy on the far right, that's Troye Kinnet, formerly of 10:01 and now with John Mellancamp. Small world.

which one are you?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any of you guys heard Sam Kinison's comedy bit about trekies and whether or not they could tell the difference between a pu**y and a mop?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Just got home from the movies. Star Trek is a great movie, I really enjoyed it. IMAX was sold out so we had to watch it on the regular screen, but it was still great. At the end of the movie the crowed started clapping and stuff lol... I was like it was a great movie but, who the hell claps at the movies. I mean WTF lol..:dunno:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey, I know that guy on the far right, that's Troye Kinnet, formerly of 10:01 and now with John Mellancamp. Small world.

which one are you?
    Yeah, that is or was Troy. I am the one behind the camera taking the photo. Semi-pro photographer assigned to doing small, thankless jobs. :)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep, clapping in my theater too.

We yelled at the screen on opening night of Star Trek Generations ... since we played a ahem PART in the final movie.

I still have the cut footage of the opening sequence. It was the orbital skydiving scene. When Kirk and Piccard ride horses together, they discussed it. Well, the orbital skydiving got cut, so they had to cut the reference to it later in the movie as well. It was cool to be on a conference call with Rick Berman (sp?) (Producer) with Shatner literally inches away from me.

Anyways, we yelled, and clapped at that movie.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Went to Bloomington and watched it. Kind of surprised really. Better than I expected. Yes, there was clapping there as well. It's a movie, not a play.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    The wife and I saw it today on the cheap at the 11:10 showing in Greenfield.

We both thought the fact that when they worked in the old catch phrases of the original tv shows characters....only those old enough to remember them laughed. The younger generations didn't get them, unless they had watched some original episodes. lol

We thought the casting was great, Checov <chkspl> could have been a better pick...but all the others were awesome selections.

If they come out with other ST movies with this cast, we'll definitely be going to see them.

:yesway:

no I won't finish this post with the LLAP thing, I'll leave that for Spock lol

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really expected to hate this movie. I am old-school Trek. I was about 6 when the originals aired, and would sneak out to the TV after my parents went to bed to watch it. Captain Kirk was a childhood hero, and I remember all of the kids I played with in the neighborhood had all the toys and action figures (as did I). It was a big part of our world then, so those attachments carried forward into adulthood.

I have tried to like all the Treks since then. The movies that followed the original series were pretty good. "Wrath of Khan" was the best. Then Next Generation came along, and I grudgingly came to like it. Deep Space Nine followed, also not bad. But after that, things started going downhill. Voyager sucked, the movies around this time sucked, and "Enterprise" was a fail. I figured they had finally wrung all the fun out of the series.

I was shocked that not only did I like the new movie, I was ok with seeing the old characters that we know and love reborn in new ways, with new actors. Without spoiling it, the story explains why things we remember may be a bit different, in a non-jarring way. It opens our minds to a new universe of stories to tell, with old friends and just enough familiarity to still feel attached and care about what happens. They call the new movie a "reboot" of the franchise, and it is. I am excited to see where they take it from here.

Yes, I'm a geek. Say it loud, say it proud! lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Watched it via the link another member posted...it kicked ass! I'm looking forward to buying it when it comes out on DVD. I don't do the theater thing...its way too expensive.

I wasn't really a big fan of TOS, but I love TNG. The movies they put out featuring the cast of TNG were pretty good, but this is the first time I ever really got excited about the original series. It was really cool how they worked in the catchphrases and humor of the original series, although I thought Kirk was just a trifle overdone at times. Very well done!

For the record, I hated DS9 and Voyager...Voyager had its moments, but overall it was a waste of time. Enterprise was lame as hell. Maybe this "reboot" of the franchise will spawn some interesting and exciting Star Trek show or movie series...I'd love to see that.

Simon Pegg as Scotty! Priceless....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom