• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Stag

I bought a Model 2 a couple of years ago and it has had no problems. I don't get out as much as I would like, but I've put at least 1000 rounds through it, mainly Lake City m193 with no failures that I can recall.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I've got a Stag M3L (left handed) that I've adorned with a bunch of Magpul furniture. I've put a few thousand rounds of assorted .223/5.56 and have never had any problems.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Good dependable quality of arms. Sold a lot of them before the market got crazy. No One ever complained. I spend my own money on a couple myself.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Short answer: accurate, quality, reasonablely priced (before the panic buying), reliable rifle.

Longer answer: I've owned a Model 1 for almost three years and have had 0 weapon issues. I've only put 2000 rounds thru it and they have been issue free rounds. I've had experience with both Bushmaster and RRA rifles and the Stag is on par with both in the performance category. Obviously each has its own standard and optional features but for the function of putting rounds down range accurately and reliably, I'm very pleased with the Stag. My Stag has accepted the accessories I deemed it needed for its intended purpose without any issues. If I were to buy another, I'd be very content to buy a Stag Arms. I trust it to function when needed to protect mine and others lives.

Stay safe

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    cmt

You really can't go wrong with a Stag in my opinion. It's the only brand of AR-15 I own (I have 3). They are the commercial arm of CMT for Ar parts and rifles.
    check the link---
    Continental Machine Tool Company, Inc..

FWIW---CMT cuts (private labels) for Rock River, Noveski, S&W, Hi Standard, Wilson tactical, Colt and a few others. They have been around since 1974, are an ISO govt. contractor, and still supply a lot of AR parts to FN who currently has the govt. contract for the M-16. Freedom Arms group(owner of Remington) was just awarded a M-4 contract in 2012 and I assume CMT will be a supplier of parts for these as well as the current Colt contract.

The only major part on the Stag rifle(not including sights and furniture); not manufactured in house is the barrel and last time I checked they were using either Wilson or Shaw for these.

Steve

Last edited:
    Top Bottom