• ...and so much more!
  • rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I think I've found a great deal on one of these. It looks new, unfired, with box, 2 mags, and all the paper work. Want your opinions and also price range. Thanks

PS. it's actually a CW45

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would like to hear some opinions also. I'm considering picking one of these up as well.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Kahrs are junk, stay away and tell me where that deal is so I can properly dispose of it... ;)

Never had a 45, but I recently acquired a K9 and am astounded with it. Smooth trigger, accurate, reliable and just feels great in the hand. Gonna be looking for another sometime when I have some spare dough.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    under 400.00 otd so I put money on it tonight...
    mdtl_cw4543.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was looking for a P45 but ended up buying a PM45 this morning. Make sure you give us a range report.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My buddy had a P45 for a few years. HIS pistol was crappy (feeding + ejection issues, slide stop would release the slide as a mag was rammed in)

I had a CW-40 for a few years. I liked it until it broke...but Kahr fixed fer me, for free, two different times.

The P45 was accurate enough, but not really an "all day range gun". Those skinny / light polymer frames aren't meant for that. My CW-40 had more felt recoil...but the P-45 was plenty for me, thank you.

If you're set on a relatively inexpensive and ultimately carry-able / concealable .45 ACP pistol, then the CW45 or P45 will do you well.

But my own personal opinion is that Kahr's polymer frames just do better with 9mm than .40 or .45.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Thanks for the info Indy. Is Kahr a "Inexpensive" gun? I thought it was a mid to higher priced gun. I noticed the suggested retail is higher than like Glock, M&Ps, Rugers, XDs, and such. I always heard the fit and finish was better than normal also but that's what I was wanting you INGOers feedback for. Thanks again

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes, their CW line of pistols are their "economical" choice. I'd rather buy a CW than a P... I don't think that the P is worth the extra they charge. Especially now that you can get night sights for the CW pistols.

-J-

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I really think Kahr is possibly the best company out there when it comes to the sheer range of CC pistols available at a range of prices and construction.

shootinbil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    I got one about a month ago. I paid $399.00 used with two mags. Look like new after I clean it. I put 150 round through it with no problems.

Top Bottom