• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44blam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2023
    Nashville
    I like mine. It is snappy. It'll want to break your grip after a shot or two. What I did that really helped is I got the medium aggressive talon grip and I put a little patch where support thumb rides on the rail.
    I do shoot a box of ammo at least twice a month with it just to keep sharp with it since I do carry it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How do you like the hellcat? My wife has been wanting to pick one up for a carry.
    So far I love it. Of course I'm coming from a bigger heavier pistol so this is just so easy to carry.

It does snap from recoil, being such a lightweight gun. But switching to lighter weight bullets make recoil a non-issue. Practice with 115 and 124 grains instead of 147. But I switched my carry load to 70 grain copper hollow points and the recoil is negligible from those despite the fact that they exit the barrel at roughly 1700fps!

Factory tritium front sight is great, the big 'U' shaped rear sight works great too. I added a Bushnell RXU-200 subcompact red dot optic, which co-witness nicely with the sights and weighs just under 1 ounce. Being an older guy, my eyes needed a bit of help. But the factory sights are great.

Trigger is OK. Not great. But workable. There are several aftermarket choices.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @bf5565 Pick up a box of the lightest weight practice ammo you can find for your wife, it will help tame the recoil if she is recoil sensitive.

The recoil is nothing more than any other lightweight/micro 9mm pistol. So a Sig P365 and a G43 are going to be pretty similar as they have similar grip sizes and overall weight, give or take a few fractions in any dimension.

Top Bottom