• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am still recovering from the heat yesterday! What a scorcher.

The largest traffic jam I have been in since Biketoberfest.

Lots of good people to talk to and everything you could possibly want to buy except original military parts. They have all the newer reproduction parts you need (smaller diameter, finer threads) but no clunky, chunky original stuff.

I promised myself I would get all my 'needs' before I would allow myself to look for 'wants', my legs gave out before the 'need' list was even full.

I did stock up on primers, .58cal Minie balls, jags and such, it was worth the trip just for that.

Anyone driving west on 62 coming home I can recommend the "88 Chinese Buffet" in Madison between Kroger and Tractor Supply. They had the weekend fare with all the seafood! My brother and I had all we could hold for less than $22 including drinks.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It was wicked before that little squall blew through just now. I shot the woods walk with my ex wife's boyfriend. She kept score for us. My first time through with a flinter, and I flinched way too much. Probably my worst score ever. So humid my primer was caking up, and I had to start priming with 3f from my flask. Good company, though. Neither one of them had ever walked the course, so something new for them. Few changes to the course, mostly for the better. Dang, my knees hurt!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Whelp, heading home. I was a bit disappointed in the Peddlers Row. I was hoping for antique military BP stuff, but I guess it’s really a different scene. I should see if I can find an antique gun/Civil War/etc show.

I did pick up some Lee casting handles and some more bullets, for my muskets and some 9mm and .45 ACP RN.

So, not so bad for $10 entry ($5 to park right across from the entrance and $5 to get in).

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My dad went on Friday and sold powder yesterday. I stayed home and took my kids bluegill fishing. Too hot to fish, definitely too hot to go to friendship. This week suould be a good week with the upcoming weather.

Ill try in the fall, too dadgum busy this year.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, another national shoot is in the books. Probably my worst woods walk year ever, but I was so happy just to finally be back. The creek came up out of its banks last night, and was still up when I went down this afternoon to fetch my trailer. See you all next year!

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Well, another national shoot is in the books. Probably my worst woods walk year ever, but I was so happy just to finally be back. The creek came up out of its banks last night, and was still up when I went down this afternoon to fetch my trailer. See you all next year!
    I figured that lower part had to have flooded with as much rain fall that hit.

Top Bottom