• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shot a 725 Browning for years. The only problem I ever had was the bottom firing pin on Brownings come in at an angle and would chip. Shoot 5000 rounds a year so I change it out yearly -$11.99 each and it takes 20 minutes to change -Up graded to a Caesar Guerini -Great free repairs and parts -that's if you break down at a major shoot - cost me for freight and insurance $185 for my last free service. Still carry a Browning firing pin in my bag. have kept many a shooter still shooting same day.
    Been shooting brownings for ever. The factory pins suck so hard. Jp spring pins last 10x longer. I just picked up some Giuliani brand parts. Going to install them this winter see how they compare. I get 65k or more from jp. Barely get 8k from browning branded ones.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    een shooting brownings for ever. The factory pins suck so hard. Jp spring pins last 10x longer. I just picked up some Giuliani brand parts. Going to install them this winter see how they compare. I get 65k or more from jp. Barely get 8k from browning branded ones.
    Why do you think I carry Browning pins in my Bag and own a C.G, --local gun shops charges $100 and I do it on the spot of $50, at 70 It all about supplementing to social security>

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    zfP18Zn.jpg

The wood was taking some dings in my original soft case, this should rectify that issue nicely

Pelican 1700, basically made for a clays gun and choke tube case

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Looks like what I may have to invest in

I really like it so far, have had other pelican cases in the past and they are all great. They have a lower cost "Vault" line but I do not think those cases are nearly as nice and the latches are kind of a PITA.

But I definitely don't have to worry about my 725 getting dinged up now, plus the pelicans are TSA approved. Which is nice as we are flying down to Orlando to shoot in February

Will also add, you can 100% fit a 32" tubed gun in this case. It would be a bit tight but it would work.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    AMngTmy.jpg

Reccomendations for firing pin replacement? The infamous Browning bottom firing pin strikes again, no effect to reliability so far, will most likely replace at end of season when it gets cold. No piercing of primers has been occuring. Side note is running 1oz at 1350 going to negativity effect the gun in any way?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    AMngTmy.jpg

Reccomendations for firing pin replacement? The infamous Browning bottom firing pin strikes again, no effect to reliability so far, will most likely replace at end of season when it gets cold. No piercing of primers has been occuring. Side note is running 1oz at 1350 going to negativity effect the gun in any way?
    J&P makes fantastic replacement firing pins and spring kits

No, 1oz at 1350 won't negatively effect anything

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    J&P makes fantastic replacement firing pins and spring kits

No, 1oz at 1350 won't negatively effect anything

Awesome, ordered two sets, assuming they have a service life of one year with my shooting schedule. I would be interested to know why it seems the bottom firing pin is susceptible to damage on the Browning designs. I almost exclusively shoot pairs now , so the top barrel has equal wear I would say.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Awesome, ordered two sets, assuming they have a service life of one year with my shooting schedule. I would be interested to know why it seems the bottom firing pin is susceptible to damage on the Browning designs. I almost exclusively shoot pairs now , so the top barrel has equal wear I would say.
    Well I'm not an expert, just repeating what I've heard from several sources. The bottom firing pin sits at more of an upward angle whereas the top firing pin hits the primer more straight on.

I know several competition trap shooters who swear by the J&P pins and springs

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So at @indianagunclub today and I just shot my first 2 for 1 target ever and got it on video!!! Browning 725 with 30 inch tubes, Winchester AA 1350fps 1oz 7.5 shot

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Need to run to IGC and check on a 12 ga for hunting.
    My 20 Citori Hunter has bland wood, but I figured rabbit blastin would add character.
    The 12 I want something a little nicer.
    Grade 2 hunters only have 28" bbls max.
    So proly a CSX w 30".

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My 20 Citori Hunter has bland wood, but I figured rabbit blastin would add character.
    So proly a CSX w 30".

The CSX and 725 are not that far apart MSRP wise and the 725's generally have better wood. Might be something to consider.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    If you are looking for the next step up in shotguns, Check out the Cesar Guerini Summit impact --Adjustable comb and adjustable rib -Too bad you aren't a left hander I have a great used one. C. G. are a great mid range shotgun. In-between a Browning and the high-end Kolar, Krieghoff and Perazzi.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So proly a CSX w 30".
    The Citori CX or CXS are fantastic shotguns.
    I have a CX with 30" barrels and absolutely love it. I had an adjustable comb installed since I shoot a good amount of trap with it.
    My daughter has the CXS and it's also a great choice.
    There are a couple differences though.
    The CXS has a little nicer looking Schnabel style forearm that just makes it look a little fancier. It also has a wider rib that's similar to what used to be on some Citori Broadway's.
    The CX has a mid height rib that seems to suite me just fine and is wider than my other field shotguns but isn't as wide as the CXS. Both are actually marketed as target shotguns so they are meant to handle higher volumes of shooting and have a trigger that has some minore adjustment for length of pull or so you can change the trigger shoe to suite you.

I've read several reviews of the Cynergy versions of these guns too. Based one what I've read, the biggest concern has to do with the forearm cracking and seems to be related to screw tightness in the forearm.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you are looking for the next step up in shotguns, Check out the Cesar Guerini Summit impact --Adjustable comb and adjustable rib -Too bad you aren't a left hander I have a great used one. C. G. are a great mid range shotgun. In-between a Browning and the high-end Kolar, Krieghoff and Perazzi.
    I have to admit when I was there last weekend, a used CG Summit had my attention. And yes, it was a beautiful gun. And, they are know for good customer service. Except they are only serviceable through CG certified shops.

Not a gun that I would ever use for hunting though. I just wouldn't want to get it scratched up that way

Edit- another option would be look at some of the exclusive Browning options from Guns Unlimited. If I were in the market for another O/U, I would be looking really hard at their Browning Universal High post. It can be had with adjustable comb, butt plat and rib along with either a traditional sporting style stock or parallel comb. For the money they are a great bargain.

Last edited:

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So I fell down the sporting clays rabbit hole recently and found out I quite enjoy the sport. Was fortunate enough to be able to try out a couple of nice Semi-Auto and O/U shotguns and definitely settled on a O/U for sporting clays, cannot say I have ever been a fan of any semi auto shotgun for various reasons.

Currently between the Browning 725 Sporting and Beretta 694 , I know used is generally the way to go with shotguns as you can save a lot of money potentially. Wondering if there are any other guns INGO would recommend. I need to go to the IGC and see what these would end up costing me to get out the door.

I know the general advice is to "get a B gun" thus the Beretta and Browning , I looked at the Fabarms shotguns as they are made by Caesar Guerini but their reviews online seem to be mixed generally. If it helps I generally gravitate towards the more plain looking guns, not a fan of engraving and whatnot.
    I have always favored Brownings. I easily have over 100,000 rounds through my 325 and have never had an issue or regretted purchasing it. It has been cut to fit me and points exactly where I look. Having a gun that fits is most important.

Top Bottom