• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    On an unrelated note: did anyone see that magnificent bastard shoot two stages at the same time?

As close as those targets were, I'm surprised only one shooter did that :):

Was a good time. Basically 60 shooters run through in 3 1/2 hours. Kudos to all who helped out.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hope it happens! I would like to see one & would plan to attend. Since the regular matches are transitioning to all flights opening for in-person signup at 4PM (with no advance signup and no limitation on 1st flight shooters filling up the 2nd with a different gun), this means I'm likely not going to be able to make the Parabellum matches (except for ones where we can signup online). Be there by 4:30 on a weekday is not going to be doable for me.

Thanks everyone for putting these on. It's a lot of fun and a great intro to the sport. See you in the Spring!

I hear you and feel your pain on the sign up. There is no way to do it where everyone will be happy. We have three matches in January. I will talk with the boss about online sign up, but no promises. Maybe on the 21st.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    As close as those targets were, I'm surprised only one shooter did that :):

Was a good time. Basically 60 shooters run through in 3 1/2 hours. Kudos to all who helped out.

We did have good help.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Doh, play nice, guys!

I hear you and feel your pain on the sign up. There is no way to do it where everyone will be happy. We have three matches in January. I will talk with the boss about online sign up, but no promises. Maybe on the 21st.

Thanks for listening, and I really appreciate the work you're putting into these matches & am sure the others are, too. It isn't possible to make everyone happy. The norm with any kind of organized shooting competition is plenty of complainers and not a lot of "doers." Another long-term norm is the same 15 people showing up every month. Because the indoor environment is very capacity-limited, it's not going to be possible to accommodate everyone who wants to come shake off cabin fever. But at least the online signup could be a solution to having people in the car on the way to a sanctioned USPSA match, with no idea whether or not they're going to get in once they get there. My concern is that once people show up a couple times at 5PM, and see the 2nd board filled up with a lot of names from the 1st flight shooting a second gun, they're just going to say heck with it.

One of the best things about these first half-dozen or so matches is that out of 40 entry spots, you've usually had at least 35 different names within that 40 (ie, not the same 15 people signing up twice), and a good portion of them have been fairly new to the sport. Here's hoping that will continue.:yesway:

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Heh. My single stack classification will be going down even more in January because of this. I may even drop below 50%!

C Class FOREVER!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sandbaggery

I have never purposely sandbagged a classifier, unless you count things like my extra head shot after I tried to make up a called no-shoot hit with . . . another no-shoot hit on Front Sight 2 on Saturday. That was especially nice since it gave me a third no shoot since I had one I did not call and didn't see until after the unload and show clear. It was a pretty decent group on the no-shoot hits, though.

I admit that I have only very rarely pushed for that "hero or zero" score, though. I know some people do that each time they shoot a classifier, especially in a classifier match, but I just don't. You may have noticed I tend to be . . . deliberate. Heh.

Top Bottom