• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OR it was letting people with wildly unrealistic expectations drive a good Speaker out of office.

McCarthy is a proven snake. Why would I believe anything he says about the 'real' reasons he was kicked to the curb? If Gaetz is so unpopular, then why did enough people vote for the motion to vacate for it to carry? If McCarthy was such an effective, principled member why was the single sponsor motion to vacate standard accepted

McCarthy thought he was entitled, that it was 'his turn' to be speaker and a sizable minority of those in the house, many that you claim to approve of when speaking out of the side, was suspicious enough of him already to impose unprecedented restrictions on his actions - and McCarthy was willing to be repeatedly humiliated in pursuit of his goal. He thought it was all just grandstanding and for show, spineless apparatchiks always think everyone else is just like them. GOPe's waterboy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe my local force but the Feebs?
    Republicans seem to believe they need to “back the blue” no matter who or what they do. No matter what level of corruption exists all levels of law enforcement must be backed. We give them the power to abuse the authority they are loaned.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    excellent question Bug. Why did so much of the party rally behind a guy whose claim to fame is banging an underage girl?
    Perhaps there is more to the situation than the simplistic explanation offered by one side?

Has Johnson done Gaetz's bidding on quashing the ethics charge? If some sort of quid pro quo was involved in McCarthy's downfall then where is the payoff? One would think after seeing how the game is played vis a vis Trump you might be a bit less credulous

Edit:
    “Kevin is a liar,” Mr Gaetz said. “Which, actually, is why he isn’t Speaker. Just ask any of the 224 people who voted to remove him.”

Edit2: Mr McCarthy is referring to a US House Ethics Committee investigation opened in 2021 related to allegations that Mr Gaetz, a Republican from Florida, violated sex-trafficking laws and had sex with an underage girl. The Ethics investigation was soon after tabled to allow the US Department of Justice (DOJ) to investigate. The DOJ stopped their investigation last year and did not charge Mr Gaetz.

Hmmm, now what party controlled the House when that investigation was opened - and why did the Biden controlled DoJ elect not to prosecute? Could it, could it be the case has no merit? That even purely partisan prosecutors couldn't find enough evidence for a show trial? Shades of Kavanaugh Kharacter Assasination

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I guess the money was too good?

Maybe, but I think the CIA/FBI has dirt on all of these political gas bags so they are afraid to cross them. Why did Trump say in the press conference, well I don't like FISA but I told them to all go ahead and vote for it if they wanted to... that is ********. Any POTUS worth a **** would have said HELL NO, DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS TRAVESTY.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Republicans seem to believe they need to “back the blue” no matter who or what they do. No matter what level of corruption exists all levels of law enforcement must be backed. We give them the power to abuse the authority they are loaned.
    It's what happens when a politician is more worried that doing the right thing will be used against them in their next campaign rather than doing the right thing because it is right for the people they represent

Ultimately it is on the voters

See: neverTrumps

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Folks I think most Republican, Democrat, and independent voters can agree on getting rid of FISA. Maybe we can unite around this one common dislike?
    Maybe this is what can be used to unite many Americans who are divided on many other issues?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Folks I think most Republican, Democrat, and independent voters can agree on getting rid of FISA. Maybe we can unite around this one common dislike?
    Maybe this is what can be used to unite many Americans who are divided on many other issues?
    Why do you want Americans to die? FISA has helped catch thousands of terrorists. That blood would have been on your head.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Why do you want Americans to die? FISA has helped catch thousands of terrorists. That blood would have been on your head.
    What?
    Fisa is unconstitutional, and a violation of the 4th Amendment. Used regularly against Americans including Trump

With liberty there are risks. You must choose between liberty, or security and bondage that is part of it.

Why do you support totalitarian type spying on citizens?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    McCarthy is a proven snake. Why would I believe anything he says about the 'real' reasons he was kicked to the curb? If Gaetz is so unpopular, then why did enough people vote for the motion to vacate for it to carry? If McCarthy was such an effective, principled member why was the single sponsor motion to vacate standard accepted

McCarthy thought he was entitled, that it was 'his turn' to be speaker and a sizable minority of those in the house, many that you claim to approve of when speaking out of the side, was suspicious enough of him already to impose unprecedented restrictions on his actions - and McCarthy was willing to be repeatedly humiliated in pursuit of his goal. He thought it was all just grandstanding and for show, spineless apparatchiks always think everyone else is just like them. GOPe's waterboy
    What has improved since the McCarthy ouster? As for the enough people, it was the idiot caucus. What do you expect?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If the federal government no longer has a legal obligation to follow the constitution, do the citizens have an obligation to follow the constitution?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you measure success by electing Democrats, I know enough about your politics.
    If you measure success by electing quisling republicans, intent on merely managing our decline, I know enough about your politics also

Johnson was a chance to do something different than let McCarthy sell us out to the highest bidders. Didn't work out

Johnson's replacement will be a chance to do something different than let Johnson sell us out to the highest bidders. Lather, rinse, repeat until we actually get someone with the backbone to shut down the government or fight to let FISA expire

Maybe Gaetz will be the next speaker :coffee:

Top Bottom