• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    The Mrs. and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone today! Good food (more than I could eat), meeting great people, and guns...what's not to love! Patriots Grill was the safest place to eat in greenwood today.

I think I would have paid money to see Mayor Al wear his crown.

You missed a good one CM but I'd standup INGO to be with those two grandkids as well...so you get a pass this time.

Short of the location all the cops in town are eating I would agree that Patriots was the safest place in Gwood

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If anyone doesn't want to be in the pic, please let me know, and I can block you out.
    Just let me know where you were, what you were wearing, or who you were sitting near.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I had one friend who did not want her face shown on any group photos that I posted. I had to put a blue dot over her face.
    She knows that she's already on all of the lists she's trying to avoid by not being pictured... right? :).

I'm sure they know she was there with the rest - she did have a cellular phone on her that was turned on, no?

Purple if you need it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Not sure why anybody would want that but it is nice of you to offer/ask.
    Maybe your crack head neighbor recognizes you In the pic, or your delivery man or the guy who scams you selling fake cleaner at your door. Waits till you go to the next POSTED meet and eat & shoot that you RSVP to and then robs you blind. They know you have guns and aren't home. It's called situational awareness. Just the same reason the cops tell you to not let your mail pile up if your on vacation or post that your on vacation on your Facebook page Ect.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This was actually before the days of gps phone... She didn't want to be seen by people on the interwebs.
    I'm just discussing for the sake of discussing so...

Did she cover her face when she went out in public too? The 'people on the interwebs' are the same people that you see out on the street day-to-day. People that use the internet and people that go outside, go to the store, go to restaurants, etc - are one in the same. Being on the internet and being somebody that goes outside the house are not mutually exclusive actions.

Understand this isn't an attack on you or your friend - I'm genuinely curious what said friend would say to that argument.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Maybe your crack head neighbor recognizes you In the pic, or your delivery man or the guy who scams you selling fake cleaner at your door. Waits till you go to the next POSTED meet and eat & shoot that you RSVP to and then robs you blind. They know you have guns and aren't home. It's called situational awareness. Just the same reason the cops tell you to not let your mail pile up if your on vacation or post that your on vacation on your Facebook page Ect.
    A whole lot of things would have to go wrong for that to even come close to being a possibility and, I would argue, if there were that many things just waiting to happen to one person - it'd happen sooner or later regardless.

That said - situational awareness is being aware of your situation [i.e. your surroundings] and not so much having to do with not wanting a picture that you happened to be in posted on the internet.

I'm not arguing for/against - but just discussing for the sake of discussion due to sheer curiosity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A whole lot of things would have to go wrong for that to even come close to being a possibility and, I would argue, if there were that many things just waiting to happen to one person - it'd happen sooner or later regardless.

That said - situational awareness is being aware of your situation [i.e. your surroundings] and not so much having to do with not wanting a picture that you happened to be in posted on the internet.

I'm not arguing for/against - but just discussing for the sake of discussion due to sheer curiosity.
    Opsec, famsec, paranoia. Whatever you want to call it. So I used the wrong term but my reasoning is sound.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've known a few people that had abusive ex's stalk them. So I made the offer. No need for being judgemental. I can blur them out no problem.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've known a few people that had abusive ex's stalk them. So I made the offer. No need for being judgemental. I can blur them out no problem.
    No judgement here - I'm just curious/wanting to understand is all.

I did receive a couple of PMs that explained it fairly extensively and, as a result, I understand :).

Top Bottom