• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Storms hit more than just Southern IN. My folks in Montgomery Co. had 4" of rain out of their storms.

A buddy's neighbor had a huge tree blown on to his garage. They live near Southport and US 31 on Indy's south side.

Me in Greenwood? Hardly a maple twig in my yard. Which, if you know how maple trees operate, is quite unusual. The power did go out, though. But only for like 10 seconds. The time for the UVerse to reboot and reconnect was probably the longest 15 minutes in my son's 3.5 year life span.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I was driving home from Plainfield when the first cell was hitting. Got hit with a couple chunks of hail, but didn't see any damage to the car. The power went out for a quick second just west of Mooresville. Looked worse on radar.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Storms hit more than just Southern IN. My folks in Montgomery Co. had 4" of rain out of their storms.

A buddy's neighbor had a huge tree blown on to his garage. They live near Southport and US 31 on Indy's south side.

Me in Greenwood? Hardly a maple twig in my yard. Which, if you know how maple trees operate, is quite unusual. The power did go out, though. But only for like 10 seconds. The time for the UVerse to reboot and reconnect was probably the longest 15 minutes in my son's 3.5 year life span.

Poor guy, my daughter (same age) was in bed for the storms last night (like her mamma, she's much happier sleeping half her life away) but we've had power outages when she was watching movies (no TV), she takes interruptions pretty hard:(

our power died for 5-10 seconds, I have all the expensive electronics on UPSs so no biggie. Wife didn't appreciate it much as she was mid-shower.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    our power died for 5-10 seconds, I have all the expensive electronics on UPSs so no biggie. Wife didn't appreciate it much as she was mid-shower.

I didn't lose power in this storm, but your wife stuck in the shower reminded me of when I did the same thing. I was in the shower when we lost our power and being on a well, I had to rush to rinse off before losing water pressure, in complete darkness. I barely made it. :)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds like all in all folks are ok with some welcome rain.

Our kids were disappointed that I didn't wire the internet router to the emergency circuits that I have on the generator. It was like the end of the world...we had lights, fridges were cold, and a radio was working, but the only way to get internet was the 4G connection on mommy and daddy's phones!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Neighbor and I were talking just a bit ago. After the fact, we discovered a 8-10" limb 25 foot long down is his field. His father is 2 houses down from us. The top of a huge pine broke off and went through his metal pole barn roof.

Top Bottom