• ...and so much more!
  • mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Hey gang!

I'm looking at buying piece of property just south of Trafalgar and looking for a company who can provide a Perc test for a residential septic system. I've ask the real estate agent this same question but thought this group might have some personal experience and recommendations.

If possible, I'd like some kind of guidance for a well if possible. I've seen the old timers witch for water successfully many times and was looking for something like that but perhaps a bit more scientific maybe.

Mike

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Call any plumbing company and ask if they do septics. If they say yes, ask for a recommendation for someone to do a perc test. Actually, the Johnson County Health Department may be able to help.

I did find this on the JoCo website. http://co.johnson.in.us/health/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Septic-Soil-Scientists.pdf

Septic System Forms ? Johnson County Health Department Franklin Indiana

This may help with your well drilling: https://www.in.gov/dnr/water/4611.htm

This, too: https://www.in.gov/dnr/water/2457.htm

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know of several if you were farther south. The health department will definitely have a list of people that do it. My test last year cost $750 just to give you an idea of what it will cost.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    If possible, I'd like some kind of guidance for a well if possible. I've seen the old timers witch for water successfully many times and was looking for something like that but perhaps a bit more scientific maybe.

Mike

As far as the well goes, use science. Wells #1 and #2 were "witched" and didn't last long. Well #3 was "scienced" and it is good and strong. I learned an expensive lesson. I can also tell you who NOT to use.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Old Dog, you're correct in that Soil Scientist perform the "test" but they still call it or refer to it as a Perc test. I've spoken to a few of them now (thanks to you folks) and they do this type of test and submit it to the county health department.

Mike

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    As far as the well goes, use science. Wells #1 and #2 were "witched" and didn't last long. Well #3 was "scienced" and it is good and strong. I learned an expensive lesson. I can also tell you who NOT to use.

GTM, could you share (here or PM) who you used for a "scienced" well? I need to learn more about this new approach too if you have any info.

Mike

Top Bottom