• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moltke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Springville
    Well I can't say I'm not happy that people and communities are takings steps that might help things, rather than just the stupid normal stance of simply taking away the freedoms of those who have done no wrong buuuuut I'm not convinced the tactic has a lot of merit in the long run. In urban communities where violence has and is a problem, I can see the need to spend the money on something like this. And I do understand that having armed folks in a school could and should be able to dissuade maniacs from carrying out attacks. But, all it will take is one accident in a school to stir up the call to ban firearms again. The media already ignores the hundreds of lives saved from defense with a firearm so I don't think schools that are saved with these measures will be any different. Plus, the tax burden issue will likely create yet another tax of some sort to pay for it. I think in most rural communities there likely exists already a number of police that might be organized to provide some kind of protection rotation for local schools. I know in my area there are more cops than locals some days, so I know they have the numbers to do something ... even if that is just a morning or afternoon patrol schedule which would have the same 'feel good' effect and project at least some caution to would be crazies. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom