• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm not seeing slavery and South bend Indiana in the same area, so I have to ask what the reparations are for?

I assume it is to compensate the descendants of Union soldiers? How big will my check be?

What if instead of my giant check I get a run through the South Bend police department's armory? Like with a giant shopping cart and a clock?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    In all seriousness, exactly what level/percentage of genetic non-whiteness will make you qualified as a recipient of reparations?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Slavery still exists all over the world. Just ask the children forced to dig for rare earth metals for our precious phones and virtuous electric cars. My favorite brand of Thai coconut milk is hard to find due to outrage over the forced monkey labor used to retrieve the coconuts. Maybe we should address this original sin where it is actually still occurring instead of pedaling wealth redistribution today for the sins of yesterday. Even the O' Great One scoffed at reparations. Although, in his case, the money would be passed from his right hand to his left. Do the Japanese get reparations for their internment here in the U.S.? "Irish need not apply" is a sign often seen in American history books. How much do the Irish get? Frankly, if the gov is gonna hand out reparations, perhaps they should simply offer tax deductions to those who qualify. Oh, wait...that would require those that qualify for reparations to actually be tax payers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's never about money for individuals. It's always more tax money for programs...the same type of programs that are on the spectrum of:

"Didn't accomplish anything positive", all the way to- "Made the situation worse."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering that Indiana played a big part in the Underground Railroad, "they" should be paying "thanks" to "us".

Sorry, but not only was that a long time ago and get over it, many of us here now had nothing to do with slavery in the USA as our ancestors did not enter this country until well after slavery was abolished.

Top Bottom