• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhemi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Elkhart County
    I've loved my G17...till I shot a SA-40XD....and I now have a new love...I picked up a SA-40XDsc bi-tone from Midwest in South Bend...and I couldn't be happier and I encourage all you non believers to shoot one...just waitin on my super-tuck now.

Redhemi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Elkhart County
    Spray bottle isnt how it feels to me...it might be a little long on the first shot....but the reset is short and positive..maybe your weak fingers are tuned to a glock Richard...lol

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spray bottle isnt how it feels to me...it might be a little long on the first shot....but the reset is short and positive..maybe your weak fingers are tuned to a glock Richard...lol

Actually I am a long-time 1911 shooter, so I am sort of accustomed to pistols with very short, crisp triggers w/no overtravel & super rapid resets, in fact I hated Glocks triggers when I first started shooting them a couple of years ago so it's not like I am picking on XD's, and hey at least the XD triggers are "less mushy" than S&W's MP's which feel like I am squishing down on a marshmellow or something.

Redhemi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Elkhart County
    No prob Richard..lol..I didnt mean to bust yer chops...much.ok just a bit...yeah my G17 was throated with a 3.5 connector and a a trigger job all overtravel taken out...I do miss that...

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    anyone around the west side of Indy have an XD I could try out? I live right near marion country fish and game and would be happy go cover your $5 guest fee and provide some ammo :)

I love my glock 19, but I feel like I should be more accurate with it. With my 1911 I can get really tight groupings, but with the g19, they spread out quite a bit.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you fully release the trigger the pulls will be identical. If you only release to the reset click there is no pre travel to take up again on subsequent pulls.

Gotcha! :yesway:

The way I was reading it, even after I quoted it, was "the first shot is a little long, but the rest (not reset) are short and crisp".

Silly esrice.

Top Bottom