Something followed me home on Tuesday....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    How did it go?
    We got a little time on the water today. Ran the sail for a few minutes but the water was so choppy it was a bit rough to maintain course and sail etc. So I curled the sail and we just cruises around vian the peddles. Boat did great. Very comfortable, very responsive, very very heavy.

We will be out again tomorrow morning, and I'll prob go out again on Sunday.

Still trying to come up with a name for it.
    None I come up with feels right.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    That one looks to be named Little Red! You need to be very careful. Most everyone I know lost many beautiful firearms in tragic boating accidents!

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I finally sold my old favorite; swing-keel trailer-sailor, McGregor V17 (little sister of the V21).

1655142680436.png

Lots more fun, really, than the DuFour 39 we owned with another couple (partnerships are a royal PITA); mooring fees, property taxes on the 9 square feet of harbor floor that the mooring anchor rested on, insurance, hauling and bottom cleaning fees, etc., etc.

1655142784084.png

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Settle in this is going to be a long one. (That's what she Said)

About 50ish years ago. My father (the reason I'm into sailing) bought a "penguin" sailboat from a nice old lady. She lived right on a lake. The boat belong to her sun who had passed. My dad sailed off with it from her back yard whilst she watched bc it brought her great joy seeing it sailed again.

My dad eventually took it home and restored it in the front porch of his childhood home over the winter. He named it "Amber shadows" after a favorite series of books, called "the amber chronicles". The main characters of the books "walk the pattern" which means walking in magic shadows that transports them to Amber a magical place. It's kind of a sci-fi fantasy series. I've read the first one a half dozen times it's a great book. Since the boat was a penguin a friend of his drew a penguin from a political comic called "elephant" (sp?) And they had the drawing placed on the boat.

My dad sailed the boat for a few years and sold it to a family member who sailed it for many years but sadly the boat became aged and weathered so they gave it a viking send off.

I'm considering naming this new boat "Amber Shadows II"

Bc I'm a fan of the books and to continue my dad's lead in the name. Plus in a strange coincidence, I'm a Linux admin for work. The logo for Linux is a penguin.

When I was a preteen a life long pal and I played a **** ton of a game called shadow run. It's a cyber punk style game where you do odd jobs to support your travels while you investigate the death of your brother. Doing these jobs made you a "runner". Great game. The Sega version was the best version.

So I'm considering naming the boat "shadow runner"

I can't seem to land on one name or the other. Everytime I think I'll choose one I immediately think I should choose the other.

What do you guys think?

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Settle in this is going to be a long one. (That's what she Said)

About 50ish years ago. My father (the reason I'm into sailing) bought a "penguin" sailboat from a nice old lady. She lived right on a lake. The boat belong to her sun who had passed. My dad sailed off with it from her back yard whilst she watched bc it brought her great joy seeing it sailed again.

My dad eventually took it home and restored it in the front porch of his childhood home over the winter. He named it "Amber shadows" after a favorite series of books, called "the amber chronicles". The main characters of the books "walk the pattern" which means walking in magic shadows that transports them to Amber a magical place. It's kind of a sci-fi fantasy series. I've read the first one a half dozen times it's a great book. Since the boat was a penguin a friend of his drew a penguin from a political comic called "elephant" (sp?) And they had the drawing placed on the boat.

My dad sailed the boat for a few years and sold it to a family member who sailed it for many years but sadly the boat became aged and weathered so they gave it a viking send off.

I'm considering naming this new boat "Amber Shadows II"

Bc I'm a fan of the books and to continue my dad's lead in the name. Plus in a strange coincidence, I'm a Linux admin for work. The logo for Linux is a penguin.

When I was a preteen a life long pal and I played a **** ton of a game called shadow run. It's a cyber punk style game where you do odd jobs to support your travels while you investigate the death of your brother. Doing these jobs made you a "runner". Great game. The Sega version was the best version.

So I'm considering naming the boat "shadow runner"

I can't seem to land on one name or the other. Everytime I think I'll choose one I immediately think I should choose the other.

What do you guys think?
    Definitely "shadow runner". Amazing stories and memories you can proudly remember and share with others with the new boat name.

Top Bottom