• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have no idea if ACA will be good or bad,
    Really? I mean, really? You have no idea? Almost a full century of entitlement programs from which to peruse the success track record, and you have no idea whether or not this is going to be a good or a bad thing?

The fix to health care is simple. 1) remove the marriage of health insurance and employment; 2) remove the requirement that hospitals must treat non-emergent care without first requiring proof of ability to pay; 3) de-regulate the insurance so that a) people have a wider variety of coverage and b) people can shop outside of their state of residence.

The real factor in the cost of medical care is the obsession Americans have with avoiding death. $500K in "costs" to fight pancreatic cancer which is going to kill the person anyway. But who cares? Someone else is either eating the majority of it or paying it for me, and I'm living another 90-120 days.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    Really? I mean, really? You have no idea? Almost a full century of entitlement programs from which to peruse the success track record, and you have no idea whether or not this is going to be a good or a bad thing?

The fix to health care is simple. 1) remove the marriage of health insurance and employment; 2) remove the requirement that hospitals must treat non-emergent care without first requiring proof of ability to pay; 3) de-regulate the insurance so that a) people have a wider variety of coverage and b) people can shop outside of their state of residence.

The real factor in the cost of medical care is the obsession Americans have with avoiding death. $500K in "costs" to fight pancreatic cancer which is going to kill the person anyway. But who cares? Someone else is either eating the majority of it or paying it for me, and I'm living another 90-120 days.

You have a grasp of the subject and a way with words that should be understandable by even the lowest of the lo-fos. I'd also suggest tort reform. Big savings in throttling the ambulance chasers.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You have a grasp of the subject and a way with words that should be understandable by even the lowest of the lo-fos. I'd also suggest tort reform. Big savings in throttling the ambulance chasers.
    Oh, yes. Tort reform. Forgot about that bad boy. Just about everything could benefit from some tort reform though, huh?

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I'd also suggest tort reform. Big savings in throttling the ambulance chasers.

Since Indiana enacted medical malpractice caps, how much has our healthcare cost decreased? Have our premiums measurably decreased in relation to states that have not enacted similar caps?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Are you telling me that cutting back all of this government interference might allow free market competition and thus lower costs and improve services?

It's a crazy idea, but it just might work!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Are you telling me that cutting back all of this government interference might allow free market competition and thus lower costs and improve services?

It's a crazy idea, but it just might work!

If the miracle happened, its benefits would be short-lived. The rent seekers would regroup, pocket some new politicians, and get all sorts of fun new "reforms" enacted.

We're doomed. DOOMED I tell you!

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Awww, c'mon guys and gals, let's all get on board the ACA train !! It's gonna be great! We'll finally have all that healthcare we can't afford ..... we'll all drink water and eat our veggies and no one will ever get sick or die ever again because the great and benevolent .GOV will take care of us from cradle to grave.

Just look at Europe and what success they've had with socialized medicine! Look at Canada ! OK, sure, a lot of them come here for their specialty care 'cause it can take up to 18 months to get an MRI of your knee or a heart cath and stent, but HEY! They're probably here for the race, and the scenery and all the wonderful touristy things we offer here in the good ole' U S of A!

Just wait man, we'll all be Kumbay-ya-ing with free everything, just give it a chance!

<< insert purple where appropriate >>

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    That was BEFORE we started to be conditioned that it was the responsibility of a 3rd party (someone else) to pay for our healthcare costs.

Yes Sir! Nothing has caused to over-inflation of the health care system more than employer based group medical insurance.

I was shocked and disgusted by the opulence in the hospitals when my wife delivered our first son. The hospital had more accomodations and luxuries than all but the nicest hotels I've ever stayed. We really didn't need a 56" plasma flat screen and the original art works and sculptures in the lobby were really lost on a rube like me. If I had been paying the bill out of my pocket we would have been looking for options that were a bit less pricey!

But hey, Obamacare is going to SAVE money and reduce costs! That's why it requires increased government funding. Right?

Top Bottom