• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It seems that the man in charge is wanting to not give you a Social Security check if you own guns. They are making the case that many people that are getting S.S. are not in charge of their mental well being and should not own guns.

My question is who makes that call.

Now I don't know about the rest of you but I have paid into S.S. for over fifty years and no one said anything about guns when they were taking it out of my check. Why is it coming up now? I don't think this is going to work.

If they do this I will be going to jail. No way I am giving up my guns to hunt or protect myself.

Has a bunch of old people been going on a killing spree. What is bringing this on us old farts.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it's the opposite of what the op stated. In reality it's "if you are incapable of managing your own finances and a financial guardian has been assigned, you will fall under the 'mentally deficient' clause of the 4473. "

Nevermind that the law says adjudicated (by courts where you can defend yourself) and they are using a list compiled by an agency that has not necessarily sought rulings by the courts to come up with the status.

so in reality, it's "if you get a check (and somebody else manages your money for you) you can't buy a gun." Not the other way around.

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It is my understanding that we have laws that state if you can't think for your self you can't own a gun. Why are they bringing S.S. into this? It all seems strange to me.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Just make sure you don't have someone else managing your SS benefits for you. I guess they think if you can't manage your own finances, you are to mentally deficient too own a gun.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Has the NRA weighed in on this yet? I am assuming they will make a statement. While the Prez wants to make it sound as if he doesn't wants guns in the hands of the insane, I suspect he really wants us all to give an inch so he can take a mile.

Top Bottom