So, what kind of bait to you use to fish for deer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The other day I was sitting at my computer when the wife yells, "THERE IS A DEER IN OUR LAKE!" Sure enough there is a deer swimming in the pond behind our house. The wife said she saw it go bounding from between the houses and jump right in. He swam across, got out, and ran between my house and the neighbor's. So what would you use for deer fishing?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    deer swim often.
    my wife an i were on vacation at blue stone lake WV and saw a deer try to swim the lake near the dam.. it got sucked into the spillway.. 20 seconds later it popped up on the down stream side of the dam & swam on to shore...

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    When fishing for male deer I have found that female deer urine is the best bait but it's hard as hell to get it to stay on the hook..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When fishing for male deer I have found that female deer urine is the best bait but it's hard as hell to get it to stay on the hook..

What you do is fill your ice trays with it, cover with plastic wrap, and then insert the hook through the wrap and then freeze. Just don't let your kids mistake them for homemade popsicles.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I was in a canoe on a river in Minnesota once. Coming around a bend we found ourselves pretty close to moose swimming. It was a little pissed that we were so close. Didn't know moose could swim so fast.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yar.

harpoon_gun.jpg

Top Bottom