• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Crime has been happening forever, unfortunately. Nothing new except that most any crime performed with a gun now makes national news as part of the effort to paint guns as evil.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That article is a waste of cyberspace. I guess we have to imagine what the criminals look like as the article has no description of the low-lifes. So now to be politically correct they can't let us know who to look for?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Crime has been happening forever, unfortunately. Nothing new except that most any crime performed with a gun now makes national news as part of the effort to paint guns as evil.

I didn't really think the story came off as anti-gun. I'm just frustrated at the frequency of these type of robberies around the city lately. This incident happened on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day a woman was shot in the head downtown over some presents. From what little details I've read about that that case, it sounds like she never even had a chance. The M.O. for these scum bags seems to be to shoot first and pick up the loot.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Christmas-related crimes are also nothing new. Anything from holding up Santa, to stealing presents, to murders, and on and on. It is a local story and was perfectly reasonable to cover. Tragic, but unfortunately nothing new.

On a distantly related subject, dozens of Christians were blown up in coordinated attacks in Iraq on Christmas. We want Christmas to be a time of peace and joy, but too many murderers and other criminals really don't respect it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is not unusual in the 12 years of working out here. Hell, 3 or 4 years ago on Christmas Day I responded to a homicide at an apartment complex. Guy was stabbed, he ran out of his building and to the next, where he bled out on the front porch and died. He was cut in the neck, the amount of blood on the walls, floor, and especially where he died rivaled the worst horror movies. It was awful trying to not step in it. The female that was the reason the 2 guys got into a fight talked to the detectives then became so distraught locked herself in her bathroom. We kicked the door in to find her dead, hanged from the shower head. Never made the news. It is strange what makes the news and what doesn't. Hell of a way to spend my Christmas.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    1. I am sorry to hear of Denny having Christmas screwed up like that.
    2. I am amazed at the sheer number of people who appear unable to understand that guns are inanimate objects, NOT moral agents.
    3. The remainder of the subject matter in this thread stands in evidence that the buzzards need to eat too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is all to often overlooked that the level of violence LEO is subject to observe on any given working shift. Either directly involved in or dealing with the aftermath. I am sure it has to harden you after a while.

The thugs society is turning out these days have no reverence or respect for life. They have absolutely nothing to loose and could give a rats A$$ for anything beyond the next fix.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It is all to often overlooked that the level of violence LEO is subject to observe on any given working shift. Either directly involved in or dealing with the aftermath. I am sure it has to harden you after a while.

The thugs society is turning out these days have no reverence or respect for life. They have absolutely nothing to loose and could give a rats A$$ for anything beyond the next fix.

The drugs are fare less of an issue these days, still an issue but not a s big as the " I gots to gets mine" behavior. The animals listen to and believe that they need money and they must spend it on everything that they can wear and drive. God forbid they work for it. "I gets mines by taking yours" crowd is out of control.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    This is another shining example of dealing with home invaders. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Home invaders need to be repelled with the maximum amount of force available.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How many of these animals have prior/multiple prior records, with many being violence/victim related? I think we may be dealing with the consequences of "compassion" for people that come from "less fortunate" circumstances, or things that were "no fault of their own". When government removes accountability for ones actions, be it at the individual or corporation level, this is what we get.
    "You can evade reality, but you cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." - Ayn Rand

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You have no idea, Church. In the past 2 weeks alone (5 shifts), I've had a number of bad issues, highlighted by the Westfield murders (yes, I was there from the outset to the jail booking, and no I'm not talking about it on a public forum). You see enough bad stuff, and sometimes the worst, doesn't affect you the way it does a normal person. And I'm in Carmel... I can't imagine how the guys doing real policing, in Indy, keep it together.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You have no idea, Church. In the past 2 weeks alone (5 shifts), I've had a number of bad issues, highlighted by the Westfield murders (yes, I was there from the outset to the jail booking, and no I'm not talking about it on a public forum). You see enough bad stuff, and sometimes the worst, doesn't affect you the way it does a normal person. And I'm in Carmel... I can't imagine how the guys doing real policing, in Indy, keep it together.

We do just fine...nothing to see here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Keep it together? By means of Police Yoga:

badge.aspx_.png

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A little police yoga down by the swamp always makes me feel better, and I'm not even in law enforcement. Just watch out for the crocodiles that gather at the waters edge. They always try to strike when I go into downward dog.

Top Bottom