• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I happen to agree on the looks, just thought it might fit the bill. But thats the beauty of this sport, all kinds of different tools to choose from and lots of avenue to make them yours.

I personally chose a Springer Range Officer in 45 and am very pleased with my pistol. But I am a cheap SOB:cool:
    Oh trust me I am right there with you. Unfortunately sometimes you are sorely reminded regardless of age you can not take it with you. So yeah why not indulge every few years or so lol.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Gentlemen, gentlemen ..... it's all about the grips, no matter the brand of 1911 ! :@ya:

Only ancient Woolly Mammoth tusk will do. Period !

i-kLqwWdS-XL.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So more info on the STI found out it’s they are asking $650 looks like rarely used seems to be well fit, I was given ok to field strip it and it appears to have a combination of letters and numbers engraved in slide, barrel, and frame.

looks like it has a a Big dot? With a non dot rear sight.

Now the bad Part it has literally a billboard on the slide. One side reads Lawman 4.0 and the opposite side has STI on it with an outline of Texas. Here is the possible deal breaker it’s 9mm.

Seems like a decent price from what I gather it’s all steel, no mim that I can see.

IF I decide to act on it I am going to need to do something tomorrow otherwise it’s headed for the pawn shop. It’s part of estate liquidation.

Thoughts?

thank you
    Uh.......hell no.
    Is the 4.0 a commander...???
    9mm and 1911 just seems so icky to me...:): I am waiting for the regulars to light me up on this one. :ar15:
    You get what you pay for" in the 1911. Which is why people are driven towards Tupperware which in itself has spawned so many new gun owners. So, no knock there either.
    Are you sure it's not MIM ignition controls...??? As stated, I have used their slides and frames when nothing else was available with no issues but nothing else.

You will occasionally stumble on a good deal but there is always a catch.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Uh.......hell no.
    Is the 4.0 a commander...???
    9mm and 1911 just seems so icky to me...:): I am waiting for the regulars to light me up on this one. :ar15:
    You get what you pay for" in the 1911. Which is why people are driven towards Tupperware which in itself has spawned so many new gun owners. So, no knock there either.
    Are you sure it's not MIM ignition controls...??? As stated, I have used their slides and frames when nothing else was available with no issues but nothing else.

You will occasionally stumble on a good deal but there is always a catch.
    Yes it’s a commander size. That kind of seals it for me pass. If you would only use Their stuff as last resort I am going to let it roll on by.

Besides that eliminates the issue of putting hard earned cash in the hands of an anti.

Top Bottom