So Just asking for a Friend, what age is old Now a days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Old?
    GklgPvGbixYNg0Qcq0fi.png

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I'm 66 and in decent shape other than rheumatoid arthritis. My brain tells me I can still do things I did 30 years ago and my body says "whoa, think this through before doing something that will take days to recover from."
    Exactly, I'm 67 and workout 3 days per week. About 4 months ago I was hitting it pretty hard at the gym. My left shoulder starting giving me trouble, that got worse. Went to see my chiropractor. He examined it and could not find anything. Went for an MRI, it showed mild tendinopathy. Started some stretching and rehab exercises. I'm back to working out. But I make sure my form is correct, and I'm not going crazy with the amount on the weights. I was thinking how much it would have sucked to really injured the shoulder. And not be able to work out.

Last edited:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    At 50 my eyesight and hearing went to ****, At 55 had a heart attack, now I jacked up my shoulder can't raise my right arm think tore rotator cuff, might find out tomorrow. I have decided I am getting old.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Michael Jordan - MJ

I’ll be 62 soon but I actually don’t feel that old and I am in good health, I have no prescriptions for any meds.

I never expected to outlive my wife, who lived a clean life (never smoked or drank) but I lost her at 51 to the same thing we lost churchmouse to.

We had no children and my only direct family left is my older brother born2vette. Some days I have extreme survivors guilt and wonder what my purpose is and what I should be doing with my life now. Most of my goals were oriented towards life with my wife.

Now I just live day to day and try to keep myself busy and keep my mind off the past.

I am lucky to have found a wonderful girlfriend my own age who enjoys my company. She is a midwife and brings new life into the world for a living and gives them the best chance of survival, and is a big believer in service to others.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Michael Jordan - MJ

I’ll be 62 soon but I actually don’t feel that old and I am in good health, I have no prescriptions for any meds.

I never expected to outlive my wife, who lived a clean life (never smoked or drank) but I lost her at 51 to the same thing we lost churchmouse to.

We had no children and my only direct family left is my older brother born2vette. Some days I have extreme survivors guilt and wonder what my purpose is and what I should be doing with my life now. Most of my goals were oriented towards life with my wife.

Now I just live day to day and try to keep myself busy and keep my mind off the past.

I am lucky to have found a wonderful girlfriend my own age who enjoys my company. She is a midwife and brings new life into the world for a living and gives them the best chance of survival, and is a big believer in service to others.
    Very good post. Thanks for sharing this.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Somedays I wake up feeling old and others I hop out of bed. I don't think I'll ever feel mentally old but my body's already failing me in new and exciting ways.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Two ancient golf buddies agreed that when one died the other would somehow get a message to him regarding what it was like "up there". One dies and true enough he comes back in a dream and tells his buddy that it's great up there. There's even golf. His sleeping friend was delighted and said so. His pal went on to say "that's the good news, the bad news is you have a Tee time at 9 tomorrow".

bman1221

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    REELSVILLE
    Been at it all day Thursday, all Night and part of Friday in the field trying to get everything in before the rain hit. We usually have a couple of High School Kids help with the small square bales. Thinking $20.00 an hour is not bad compensation. One of my wife’s FFA kids was helping out and told me damn I am tired and worn out and how is it your old and still going a 100 miles an hour?

I don’t know whether to be happy or offended.
    Just be saddened

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    What is "old" is different for everyone. It depends on your physical conditioning. On what health the Lord has blessed you with. And in large part, to your thinking on how old you are. No matter what, those who keep moving even when it`s difficult are better off and last longer than those who just hunker down.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What is "old" is different for everyone. It depends on your physical conditioning. On what health the Lord has blessed you with. And in large part, to your thinking on how old you are. No matter what, those who keep moving even when it`s difficult are better off and last longer than those who just hunker down.
    Yep, my mom (who lived to be 99) used to say, "If I keep moving, the grim reaper won't catch me!"

Top Bottom