So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Slam fire incident with a shotgun I got this weekend ,finger off trigger, safety was on, racked one into the chamber and BOOM!!! new hole in the wall ,paid off my son to be quiet ,patched hole,painted entire wall ,no more hole .Now that Ive spilled my dirty little secret no one tells mrs. drgnrobo .....This stays in the vault.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    No I wouldnt tell. This actually happened to a friend. He shot a 357 threw 3 walls as he was laying it on a shelf in his closet..Had to do alot of drywall repair.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Baking soda + tooth paste = never happened

For bonus points cover the spot with a picture of who you are hiding this from.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My dad was cleaning his muzzleloader in my basement. (After all, why waste his own valuable cleaning supplies, right?) Anyway he finishes cleaning and loads his gun in preparation to hunt the next day. Suddenly he remembers that he skipped the step at the end where you are supposed to fire off a primer to make sure the touch hole is clear. He slips in a primer and pulls the trigger. Ka-boom! My basement is full of sulphurous smoke and there is a fifty caliber hole in a filing cabinet. I put a piece of tape over the hole and proceeded to dime him out to all his hunting buddies. A valuable lesson learned though: the bullet went in the back of the filing cabinet but did not penetrate the front even though the drawer was empty. So if somebody comes after you with a muzzleloader, hide behind a filing cabinet.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hide it!!! Reminds me of when I was a kid and my BB gun richoceted and when through a window inthe house. I tried to patch it with seran wrap and super glue. yeah that only passed for about 4 days, and my allowance was gone for the next few months.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    yeah...I'd probably tell my wife.

Why not?

It's not like she'd not smell it anyhow.

It's either smell the shot, or smell the drywall patch and paint.

-J-

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I opened the doors & fired up the kerosene heater ,also had pulled pork on the stove so all the incriminating smells were gone as well. Wow I need help or really dont want to hear what could have happened like i havent rolled it around in my head all day already

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:

That's awesome! I like this idea the best in the event I ever blow a hole through a wall or walls of my house...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Slam fire incident with a shotgun I got this weekend ,finger off trigger, safety was on, racked one into the chamber and BOOM!!! new hole in the wall ,paid off my son to be quiet ,patched hole,painted entire wall ,no more hole .Now that Ive spilled my dirty little secret no one tells mrs. drgnrobo .....This stays in the vault.

I throw out the obligatory BASH post now, you know it's coming so I'll break the ice for you.....:D
    "Dude, you are so irresponsible for playing with your gun INSIDE your home
    with live ammo, please sell all your guns before you hurt someone..... man"

:laugh:

I would probably tell the wife, the son is the weak link in the equation.
    If 2 people know a secret one is a snitch. :twocents:
    Drywall is easy to repair, trust is not.

Oh, what kind of shotgun? Might prevent someone else from the same issue with the same gun.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Believe it or not it was a mossberg 500 pistol grip & I will probably tell her ....in about 3 yrs, thanks for the bash post I needed it ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OH SNAP! I have a mossy 500.
    Important safety note, I've never had that happen in the field but your story just added another layer of caution for me. THANKS! :yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Believe it or not it was a mossberg 500 pistol grip & I will probably tell her ....in about 3 yrs, thanks for the bash post I needed it ;)

Great, now I'll be worrying about a slam fire every time I cycle mine. I have one upstairs and one downstairs.

I better inspect them both - outside of course.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A mossberg 500, you say?

I'd check your bolt and firing pin channel to be sure it's not gummed up.

Also...why was your finger on the trigger as you cycled the action? hehe

-J-

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I try not to make it a habit to lie to my wife... however a wise man once told me, that its not a lie if you are protecting her from the damage the truth would do. Just Say'n

Top Bottom