• ...and so much more!
  • Draco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    What's DLC?

Nine times in ten, it is a method in which EA/Activision play on your hopes and dreams to entice just a bit more money from your wallet.

For that remaining tenth, DLC is legitimate downloadable content worth having; Skyrim’s DLC does a pretty solid job expanding the world and belongs in this category.

As for the OP:
    Word of caution for your guy/gal: somewhere in Skyrim roams a pack of discontents kneecapping adventurers; best keep an eye out for that.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Nine times in ten, it is a method in which EA/Activision play on your hopes and dreams to entice just a bit more money from your wallet.

For that remaining tenth, DLC is legitimate downloadable content worth having; Skyrim’s DLC does a pretty solid job expanding the world and belongs in this category.

As for the OP:
    Word of caution for your guy/gal: somewhere in Skyrim roams a pack of discontents kneecapping adventurers; best keep an eye out for that.

Faendal tripped and fell onto my sword by accident at some point a couple days ago.. He sent those descontents after me. Took 3 reloads to finally best them and figure out that a dead NPC sent thugs after me. =/

Lydia, aka Meatshield, seems to have some terrible suicidal tendencies. She also found a staff somewhere, and enjoys scaring the crap out of me with it when she decides to start casting ice shards at giants.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Faendal tripped and fell onto my sword by accident at some point a couple days ago.. He sent those descontents after me. Took 3 reloads to finally best them and figure out that a dead NPC sent thugs after me. =/

Lydia, aka Meatshield, seems to have some terrible suicidal tendencies. She also found a staff somewhere, and enjoys scaring the crap out of me with it when she decides to start casting ice shards at giants.

Lydia bothered me too. That chick never listens! I tend to outfit her with powerful weapons and armor whenever I get the chance.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole

Coulda happened to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, slipped on the floor and accidentally stuck your d*** in my wife.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Lydia bothered me too. That chick never listens! I tend to outfit her with powerful weapons and armor whenever I get the chance.

Just finished pimping out her steel plate.. I'll work on smithing some more later on and at least get her the best I can make. Right now shes making a pretty good living at filling soul gems for me. Not sure if I trust her with The Black Star yet or not though.

Coulda happened to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, slipped on the floor and accidentally stuck your d*** in my wife.

lmao I think it all started from shouting at a someones kid, which angered the guards. They chased me into a house and in the skirmish I found out he has very little health. lol
    Spent 8 days in the clink for that one. :(

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I just started playing. It's different. But I think I like it.

I may have a problem already.. I want to start a second character just so I can do two different playstyles. Got my big oaf of a warrior right now, but I'm also thinking of rolling a thief/assassin and seeing how that works out. I've always played tank style classes in other games though. I'm used to not doing much damage and letting things beat me to a pulp, so it just comes naturally to tank. lol

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I may have a problem already.. I want to start a second character just so I can do two different playstyles. Got my big oaf of a warrior right now, but I'm also thinking of rolling a thief/assassin and seeing how that works out. I've always played tank style classes in other games though. I'm used to not doing much damage and letting things beat me to a pulp, so it just comes naturally to tank. lol

My favorite character is a Khajit with high sneak, archery, light armor and alchemy to poison the arrows :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I haven't figured out all that stuff yet. I'm just trying to get the hang of it. There's a lot going on...

Smith, smith, smith.... Drop you money on iron and make daggers all day long, and enchant them. You can create a powerful character very quick with kickass armor. Complete the Companion storyline FIRST, and when the become NPCs that can join you, have one join, and then train from them. Once you've maxed out, ask to "borrow/trade" something from them. All the money you just spent on training, you'll get back!!!! I done that trick bunches of times.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Smith, smith, smith.... Drop you money on iron and make daggers all day long, and enchant them. You can create a powerful character very quick with kickass armor. Complete the Companion storyline FIRST, and when the become NPCs that can join you, have one join, and then train from them. Once you've maxed out, ask to "borrow/trade" something from them. All the money you just spent on training, you'll get back!!!! I done that trick bunches of times.

Actually, if you're going to smith (a great idea) bracers make a better choice than daggers. Leather is much easier to come by and you get a double hit by tanning the hide and then making the bracers.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Actually, if you're going to smith (a great idea) bracers make a better choice than daggers. Leather is much easier to come by and you get a double hit by tanning the hide and then making the bracers.

Smithing is fun.. but I'm rolling in dough now that I'm in the thieves guild. :D Helluva hike from Whiterun, but it was worth it.. and I opened up the carriage so now I don't have to spend 4 hours walking and getting distracted picking 200 mountain flowers. I think I may be the only thief wearing full exquisite dwarven armor.. lol Not much changed from my normal activities, aside from actually being able to sell my stolen stuff now.

"What's that? You still need me to save the world? Forget that.. this guy over here has a display case full of jewelery that is begging to be stolen!"

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Blue, look up the workshop on Steam if you're playing on pc.
    After you get your first play-through done, start modding. If you've got a pc that can handle it, there are some amazing mods.
    Better Whiterun and Better Riften are 2 off the top of my head that make those towns Gorgeous!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I like having a paycheck too much to miss work over a game, but I can easily see why people would. lol

House of Horrors was a neat quest.. Starting to get the hang of combining my favorites list with my Logitech G600 for some quick weapon changes too. Spent $80 on this mouse for raiding in WoW.. might as well get my moneys worth.

Top Bottom