So, an interesting thing happened tonight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Maid been rooting through your shzt, and reported that you had a gun.

Were that the case, there'd be a lot more for them to talk about than some gun parts coming in the mail. The maids are actually quite nice, I usually get a thank you note for tipping them, and they do my dishes if I forget from Sunday dinner.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sorry. If I'm not under arrest take your camera and go. I'm not posing for you in MY hotel room. If you persist get your shift officer there. Wait. While your calling them I'm calling the front desk for a phone book so I can call an attorney. If I've done nothing wrong, don't treat me like I have. I want to know what laws I've broken sitting in my hotel room. When they leave I'm at the front desk wanting to speak to a corporate manager while they refund my money and I find some place else to stay.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry. If I'm not under arrest take your camera and go. I'm not posing for you in MY hotel room. If you persist get your shift officer there. Wait. While your calling them I'm calling the front desk for a phone book so I can call an attorney. If I've done nothing wrong, don't treat me like I have. I want to know what laws I've broken sitting in my hotel room. When they leave I'm at the front desk wanting to speak to a corporate manager while they refund my money and I find some place else to stay.

We still don't know if jbt was cute and that was her way of getting his number.
    Notice how op has avoid that.
    Perhaps he just met his future wife.
    Lol

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Curious about how they new what the parts were? Did you ask the desk if they do this for every piece of mail and why are they going through your mail.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been reading through this thread.
    So you are building a dreaded black assault rifle in your hotel room. On the road miles from home. Receiving packages from suppliers of gun parts etc at the hotel.
    How did this seem to be a good idea.
    Not knocking you just wondering how you thought this would work out in the world we now live in. I hate the way things are. It is none of my doing. Most likely none of yours as well.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    We still don't know if jbt was cute and that was her way of getting his number.
    Notice how op has avoid that.
    Perhaps he just met his future wife.
    Lol

In all fairness, she was rather attractive, and she seemed impressed with the rifle...not so much with my incredibly sunburnt body. No, really, I'm looking like the villain from Captain America here.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Whenever you're not in that room, I'd make sure I had my gun with me. Otherwise everyone working at that hotel, now knows you have an AR in the room, and could be watching and waiting for you to leave so they could break in and steal it. The maids have probably already gone thru all your other things as well. I usually leave things in a certain way, so I can tell if things have been moved or handled.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In all fairness, she was rather attractive, and she seemed impressed with the rifle...not so much with my incredibly sunburnt body. No, really, I'm looking like the villain from Captain America here.

Dear Penthouse: So this attractive female cop wants to come in my hotel room and take pictures of my gun........

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I understand the officer was doing their job by asking you questions & checking licenses. Don't really have issue with that (more of an inconvenience) since they got a call & have to check it out. I think taking pics of you & your AR were not needed. Why not go ahead & get a set of prints & a DNA sample while you're there!
    I don't!
    was he driving? Carrying a handgun in public?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not interesting, infuriating.

It was none of anyone's business what your packages were.

Call management/corporate, have that little front desk bimbo's job on a platter. None of her business and she wrongly called the police on you. Make. Stupid. Hurt.
    File a complaint about the picture taking and grand tour that the officer seemed to demand with the local PD.
    Get to a different hotel ricky-tick. This seems crazy shady.
    Did she "demand" or ask? Big difference! Some people will do (and allow them to do) anything a cop asks.

Top Bottom